Monday, July 11, 2005

This S**t is Bananas!

This past weekend was alot better than my July 4th weekend! A dear friend of mine whom I have known since I was 14, Michelle, came to town to spend the weekend. She lives in Milwaukee (I guess you could say she's my anatomically correct Milwaukee Sister, lol) but comes to Chicago about twice a year to hang out. We always try to go to the touristy places. It gives her a chance to do something new and I get to discover more about my adopted hometown! This weekend we went to the Shedd Aquarium. Wow! I had never been there before and I must say I was impressed. If you are visting Chicago or live here, I definitely recomend you go there. Michelle and I were a little bitter though. We thought we were going to see some sharks but for some odd reason we completely missed that section and when we realized it, it was too late to go back. Oh well :(
We did get to see the new "Crab" exhibit though. I kept saying to Michelle, "see, this is why we get so itchy down there all the time" lol.

After the museum we ate and TGI Friday's, our favorite restaurant and saw War Of The Worlds.

I used to be a HUGE fan of the 80's tv show loosely based on the 1953 film and HG Wells novel, so I had to see this movie. I must say, it was very good! There were a few parts of the movie that were very hard to believe, but overall I loved it and can't wait to buy the DVD.

Of course, no weekend is complete without ALCOHOL! The night before we had met my Milwaukee Sister, Rob, and José (aka Armando aka La Niña Fresa) at Sidetracks. We (or should I say I) finished getting trashed at Roscoes. I was the only one getting drunk, so I was a little bummed about that. It's no fun to get drunk alone, but oh well! It was still nice to be out. On Saturday I dragged Michelle back to Roscoes to hang out with some other friends.

Finally on Sunday we went to the Lincoln Park Zoo. Ummm, I have heard that several animals have died there recently and that animal rights activists have been questioning the treatment the animals recieve. Well, I must say, most of the animals were either hiding or looked quite bitchy! Perhaps they they thought this shit was bananas....b-a-n-a-n-a-s.


So now I am exhausted and back at work! Wow, after all that walking this weekend my knees are killing me. My knees haven't hurt this bad since.....ummmm, nevermind.

Anyhoo, tomorrow I am getting the new Luis Fonsi album! Bye!

1 Comments:

Blogger bomitoni said...

I'm glad I missed the drama club! LOL!

1:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home