Friday, July 15, 2005

My Big Fat Greek Diva



Ugh, so this week has been so busy for me. I had promised to help out during the freshmen orientation this week at my university to help promote the Pre-Pharmacy club. So that meant two days I had to sacrifice extra sleep. I'm grumpy and tired now that it's Friday. Hopefully I can leave work early tonight.
Fortunately, UIC is located near Greektown, so after I was finished today with the freshemn orientation, I walked over to the Greek Town Music shop and picked up the latest album by one of my favorite Greek Divas, Helena Paparizou. Isn't she hot???? If only I was straight, lol. Anyhoo, I had this particular album but Helena won this year's Eurovison song contest (apparently it's a big thing in Europe, click on the link.) and the album was re-released throughout Europe with several of her Greek hits translated to English plus a few new tunes and remixes. I can't wait to listen to it. Helena isn't new to Eurovison though. She used to be part of a duo called "Antique". They won the 2001 Eurovison contest. They were very much like a Greek Sentidos Opuestos but last year Helena decided to go solo.


Well, as for the weekend, I plan on going to Club 94 in Kenosha aka Kenowhere, WI with my Milwaukee Sister. A good friend of mine is the DJ there and he has promised to play a song by La Toya Jackson if I show up. I have this obsession with La Toya Jackson, you see. I think she is possibly one of the campiest and funnest singers to ever walk the face of the earth! Most people know very little about La Toya and often laugh at me when I say I am a fan, but seriously, her 80's music is pure funk/dance bliss! She has a new album in the works that should be released soon. Trust me, it's going to be the album we wish Janet would make! lol
Oh, and my username is actually an ode to one of La Toya's early 90's top 25 hits in Holland, "Sexbox". Hmmmm, maybe I will have to post a few clips of her songs one day so you guys can feel her funk!

Ok, well, I will be sure to report back on Monday. oooh, I almost forgot, another friend of mine from out of town is coming to Chicago this Monday. His name is Dany and we met on MSN about three years ago. I haven't seen him in about two years though. It should be fun. He's very cool. He's chilango and let me tell you I don't think I have ever met someone that uses la neta or chido so many times in one sentence! lol. I love it!

Gotta go!

2 Comments:

Blogger bomitoni said...

I had fun in Kenowhere! Next time we have to make him play HOLLY VALANCE!!!!

11:17 AM  
Blogger Sexbox said...

I had fun too! Especially during the practically surreal religious moment he embraced the dancefloor with the heavenly sounds of Her Vocal Majesty, Toy :)=

4:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home