Tuesday, July 11, 2006

My Man Purse



I have finally joined the ranks of trendy men everywhere with the purchase of my first man purse. Now I know you may be rolling your eyes in disbelief. Surely someone that uses the word 'fierce' as much as I do MUST have a closet full of man pusrses. Honestly though, I don't. I guess I am just a late bloomer.

Anyhoo, my primary concern now is proper usage. Granted, I got my man purse from the Midwestern University e-store and I plan on using it mostly for academic purposes, but I need to know what essential items I should keep in my new man purse. I know women sometimes carry around pads and/or tampons, but I would feel silly filling up the extra pockets of my man purse with feminine hygiene products. Perhaps I should take advantage of the extra carry capacity I have now and treat myself to that economy size bottle of lube I have always wanted?

I also need one of my fellow man purse owners to teach me its proper usage. Should I carry it one hand by the handle? Should I use the strap and carry it on one shoulder? Or should I get really fancy and put the strap over my head and pull it across my chest and have the bag on the other side? This is so complicated.

I am so scared that my first day of Man Pursing will be a disaster! :(

11 Comments:

Blogger MatadorMexicano said...

lmao! now some poeple will tell you there is no wrong way to handle a man purse, and let me tell you, they are WRONG! the most efficient way to carry the manpurse is across the shoulder. because man purses are thicker than regular purses, they are harder to carry on just on shoulder. trust, i know this. now if your going to be carrying it everywhere with you, you hsould keep it light, carrying only the essentials. lube, condoms and the like are essential, but you dont need to carry too many. (unless youre sluttier than i thought, lol :P)

good luck, and may the force be with you!

2:32 PM  
Blogger Sexbox said...

Well, when you come next week you can give me a Man Purse Personal Training session, lol!

4:01 PM  
Blogger Luis said...

Your man bag looks more like a regular messenger bag to me... what would the difference be?

8:34 PM  
Blogger bomitoni said...

i agree, it's a little big to be a man purse, but it's a start. i agree w/ matadormexicano. where it over your shoulder.

8:38 PM  
Blogger equippedtofascinate said...

Wow, people who comment on your blog are SO out of the fashion loop. Big purses are in...think Lindsey L. with her purses. Big man purses are sure to be the next thing in fashion. I wear mine over my head w/ the purse part to the side. I always have pens and pencils in mine...boring, I know. I also have a bottle opener because, 1: it came with the purse, and 2: you never know when you're going to be getting your drink on.

9:13 PM  
Blogger Sexbox said...

equippedtofascinate, I love how you think.

9:42 PM  
Blogger musicbeing said...

I want to say something that may come off bitchy about your picture, but I think it'll come off mean if I write it here. I'll just wait til I see you in person.

But yeah, the bag is big. Where will u be using your "murse"? My bag is small enough to hold a newspaper, no bigger.

11:31 PM  
Blogger Sexbox said...

You? Say something mean and bitchy? Um never! And if you had read the post well instead of juding your friends based on their physical appearances, you would know where I would be using my murse. maybe it's time for you to re-evaluate your life. Food for thought.

12:52 AM  
Blogger Chargenda said...

I am right there with these other comments. That is a messenger bag. I came to work today with a bag that would barely hold a small puppy. That's a real man-bag!

10:24 AM  
Blogger Luis said...

So funny! I go to work with a little STRAND tote (from the famous New York City bookstore).

What's in MY bag? A newspaper, the book I'm currently reading (Barrel Fever, by David Sedaris), a chapstick, face blotting tissues (the Bioré one's), a pen or two, a teeny-tiny umbrella (for this crazy weather!), gum, keys, and sometimes, I'll take some things out and put in my iBook.

3:08 PM  
Blogger Sexbox said...

Ok, I am totally crushed now. I have a messenger bag, not a man purse. I don't feel special anymore :(

3:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home