Monday, July 03, 2006

I Was A Teenage Alien



I was going to go to the gym tonight but I didn't realize they closed early due to the holiday. So I decided I should take advantage of this free time and finally clean out my walk in closet. Well, let me tell you I have found so many things I thought I had either lost (my very first Selena doll) or had thrown out. The above picture is an example of the latter category.

When I was 19 I was discovering Chicago for the first time. I was dating this Mexican guy from Aurora. He was a few years older than me and when I expressed an interest in obtaining a fake ID he was so nice to take me to a local woman's house who apparently made a nice living making fake green cards and social security cards for illegal immigrants. The woman looked at me very oddly as I asked her in my perfect english if I could purchase an alien resident card that would make me 21. Money is money though so she took my picutre with a poloraid camera, took my fingerprint and then went upstairs. She came back downstairs with a very realistic looking card. My friends who alread had real ones said even they were impressed by the authenticity.

So to make a long story short I was an illegal alien for 2 years of my life! My only regret is that I didn't one of those fake illegal names everyone seems to do. I would have loved to have been an "Elmer" or "Refugio" for a change! lol

7 Comments:

Blogger musicbeing said...

Where were u supposed to be from? On your fake ID that is?

9:22 PM  
Blogger bomitoni said...

LOL! that is the funniest thing ever!! u've told me about this before, but now that i'm seeing it in person...oh lord!!! LOL!!!

1:44 AM  
Blogger equippedtofascinate said...

I used to live in aurora when I was a kid.

1:30 PM  
Blogger MatadorMexicano said...

i want a fake green card!!!!!

2:43 PM  
Blogger Luis said...

I have a real green card that I've lost TWICE! I had to pay close to 400 dollars to replace it EACH time! Geez, I hope some guy's not out there using it!

2:03 PM  
Blogger bomitoni said...

i just remembered my aunt had a fake name! her's was eduwiges!!

2:44 PM  
Blogger jay lassiter said...

i'm a gringo, so i have an actual passport. but to me, a greencard is much more sporty.
(wink)

1:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home