Friday, June 09, 2006

Happy Anniversary

Let's all take a moment of silence to commemorate my 4th Anniversary here in Chicago!.

Yes, it was four years ago that I graduated from UWM, packed my U-Haul truck and made Chicago my new home. I am sure anyone who has moved to a new city knows how awkward it can trying to meet people and make friends. I was very fortunate to have known at least 2 people in the city. I was even more fortunate to re-meet my Milwaukee Sister. My Chicago experience wouldn't have been the same!

Despite the difficult first year, I am so happy I left Milwaukee. I shudder to imagine what kind of putrid existence I would have endured had I stayed there. I am sure it is a nice place for some people, but Milwaukee couldn't give me the life or future I desired, so I took a chance and here I am!

1 Comments:

Blogger bomitoni said...

4 years already??? Time sure flies!!! Chicago will never be the same again now that the Milwaukee Sisters are here :) Besides you are far too fierce for a shithole like Milwaukee!!!!

This Aug. will be my 7th year living here. We should celebrate ours together. Roscoes on a Sunday perhaps??

4:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home