Sunday, January 28, 2007

2007 Update

Well the first month of 2007 has almost come and gone which has me thinking about the rest of the year. There are so many academic, professional, and personal developments occuring right now that I am curious to see where things will take me in the next 11 months. Or perhaps it's better to say where I will allow take them to take me. This is the first time in a long time that I definitely feel like I am on top of every aspect of my life. I was discussing with JQ before he left about if someone had asked him 5 years ago where would he be in 2007 would this be it. I forgot exactly what he told because I was being a bad listener but that's beside the point. I can say with 100% certainty this is where I saw myself......sort of. When I arrived in Chicago I came with a plan. I had few minor distractions that set me back but if all goes well this year I just might be able to get back some of that time I lost.

But I digress.

The real point of my post today was to update everyone on my New Year's Resolutions! I know it is a common joke that we forget our resolutions by January 2nd so I thought I would actually take a moment to discuss how things are going.



Firstly, the credit cards are still a looming problem. I haven't been able to consolidate them yet. However I have worked some miracles and that problem along with my other recent financial crisis should be taken care of by next month.



Secondly, and possibly the most important, the junk-free diet has stayed put and looks like it shall become a permanent and integral part of my life. All I can say is WOW. After only four weeks of giving my diet yet another huge overhaul I am SHOCKED at the results. I gave up daily binges on cookies, cakes, doughnuts and processed grains (white bread, pasta) and lost 7 pounds just like that! I had no idea I was carrying around so much excess weight due to my sugar addiction. It's actually kind of scary! What's even better about all of this is I am discovering what's it like not to live with daily blood sugar highs and the subsequent blood sugar crashes. I am suddenly more alert at school. I no longer find myself getting so hungry that I have to raid the vending machines in the mornings. It's amazing really. If anyone out there has considered to start eating healthier I say go for it. It's not the results you see on the outside so much but it's what you will feel inside that will make it worth your effort!

Oh, and I haven't had Taco Bell in almost three months! Now that's what I call will power! lol

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

But that damn diet coke...

7:31 PM  
Blogger Sexbox said...

Diet coke? Puh-leeze. The only kind of coke I like is the white powdery kind!

9:04 PM  
Blogger Luis said...

7 pounds, just like that? Wow! Good for you!

2:31 AM  
Blogger musicbeing said...

So what do you eat? We know what u don't. I'm curious.

5:51 PM  
Blogger Sexbox said...

LOl, I had someone at work the other day ask me the same question the other day because she wanted to treat me to dinner but everthing she suggested I said "no" to. I'll set aside a special post for that I guess :)

8:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home