Monday, December 25, 2006

Legalize It



I know this post will confuse people, but I do not smoke pot. I have no intentions of smoking pot either, regradless of its legal status. However I do think it should be legalized. I mean, the poison that tobacco companies put into cigarettes is a hundred times worse than what you find in a joint.

Did anyone read that article in the Sun Times last week that marijuana is the United States's number one cash crop? It was estimated that more revenue was generated from pot sales than soybeans or wheat. That's crazy! I mean, just think if pot was legalized and was taxed much like tobacco and alcohol. That extra revenue could go towards creating a national health care system or rebuilding poverty and crime ridden neighborhoods. Maybe the extra money could go to helping the homeless too.

It makes sense to me.

2 Comments:

Blogger MatadorMexicano said...

you know, i agree, it should be legalized. its stupid that it isnt, especially because its not a manufactured drug, like coke or the like.


fyi, i too have no desire to smoke it.

5:51 PM  
Blogger musicbeing said...

Well, they're trying to get people to quit smoking, u can't do it anywhere really. U have to go an alley, before u know it they'll outlaw Tobacco products.

7:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home