Thursday, July 10, 2008

Coffee Shop-aholics

There are a few coffee shops that I pass every day on my way to the gym. Surprisingly they AREN'T a Starbucks but lesser known chains based here in Chicago. I am not a coffee drinker so I rarely have a reason to go inside these coffee shops. It may be quite shocking to hear this, but I don't even utilize the shops for the potential cruising for sex! The sauna at my gym is just fine for that.

Nevertheless, during the summer I have the chance to see exactly who the most devote coffee shop patrons are since the outside sidewalk seating areas are open. I must say it is very disturbing to see the same individuals over and over again. It doesn't matter what time of the day or what day of the week. They are always there chit chatting and sipping a latte. Who the fuck has that much free time? Even more important, what kind of loser spends every waking moment at the coffee shop?

I remember meeting a guy once who liked the idea of having coffee shop dates. I personally thought it was the most unromantic and cheapest thing someone could think of. I mean, if you are meeting a person for the first time ,then fine. No one wants to waste money on a expensive dinner for a blind date that turns out to be a freak. I stopped seeing that guy shortly after his ridiculous date proposals (well, that wasn't the only reason why I let him go)

I just don't understand the coffee shop-aholics!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home