Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Pharmaceutical Hell

So as I recently posted, I have started my first pharmacy rotation at a neighborhood hospital. It is my third week now and the reality has finally set in. This is the rotation from hell. My preceptor basically says hi to me when he arrives and then pretty much leaves me to fend for myself the rest of the day. Seriously, I could wander the hospital going from unit to unit doing absolutely nothing and no one would notice or care. The other staff pharmacists have finally revealed to me that this happens with all of the pharmacy students. Gee, I wish I had known ahead of time. Don't ask me how the hell I am going to learn anything. After three weeks I still haven't the slightest idea what the pharmacists are doing. I think I have spent more time with the medical residents than anything else.

Well, I must make the best of the situation so I will look at the bright side.

1. If I am late no one will care or notice.
2. If I leave early no one will care or notice.
3. If I spend 5 hours surfing the web buying shit on ebay in the students' office no one will care or notice.
4. If I spend the whole day picking my nose and eating my boogers no one will care or notice.


I think I see a trend there, lol. Seriously though, I think I will take advantage of the unusual amount of "freedom" I have been given and roam the hospital looking for interesting things, like hot foreign medical residents to have sex with.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home