Thursday, February 19, 2009

Made Up My Mind



Just like Freestyle singer Safire once said....I made up my mind! For the past few months I have been hesitant to say whether or not I plan on moving to Miami this Fall. I have kept saying "I'm pretty sure but...." or "I'm 99% sure but.....". Well, I have made my final decision and I have no more doubts. This October I am saying good bye to Chicago and heading for the Sunshine Sate. This unfortunately means that I must break things off with Mario. It simply doesn't make any sense to date someone when I know I will be leaving in 6 months.

My friends who know me well have wished me the best, regardless of my decision. My friends who apparently are so self absorbed that they obviously don't know me as well as they think have given me more than their two cents as to why I should or shouldn't move. You know, I get irked when people seem to think they know what's best for me. Especially when I either look at their messed up lives or even take time to reflect on the fact that I have done quite well for myself. If I am making such poor decisions all of the time why do I have my shit together?

Anyhoo, to celebrate having my shit together, my impending birthday and graduation this year I made another decision...........a 2009 Toyota Yaris!



I was about to spend $800 on maintenance for my old car. I planned on buying a new car after I graduated anyways so when I did my calculations I decided I would actually be throwing away money at this point to invest any further in a car I didn't intend to keep much longer. I have been infatuated with the Yaris ever since they were unveiled a few years ago. I love the tiny yet sleek design and it goes without saying that his car is VERY fuel efficient!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am so happy for you!!!!!!! Only great things are ahead for you!

7:37 PM  
Blogger bomitoni said...

While I am gonna miss you like a mofo, you know I only wish you the best!! I will have to come visit and we pretend we're chongas walking down 'calle ocho'...XOXO

8:50 PM  
Blogger Sexbox said...

LOL! We can chase after all of the latin celebrities shopping on Lincoln Rd. even if they only played a maid's mother in some telenovela in 1982.

8:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home