Monday, January 12, 2009

Alice Deejay is LOVE!



Whenever I hear "Better Off Alone" I can't help but think of hanging out with my homegirl Reni in Milwaukee. When I met her in high school she was head banger and loved her death metal bands. Yet after 6 years of hanging out with me she could just as easily embrace the techno tunes of my music collection as she could enjoy the hellish sounds of Obituary (I believe that was the lovely name of the group she liked). Anyhoo, Alice Deejay will now have a new meaning in my life.



This past Saturday was my Milwaukee Sister's birthday. We celebrated it at a trashy straight bar on Chicago's northside. Well, to make a long story short, while I was actually sober for once in my life, everyone else was trashed. At some point there was a conflict with another group of drunk people. Things started to get ugly. I was about to leave before a fight broke out....but shortly after my Milwaukee Sister told his cousin Libby to go kick some bitch's ass, the electronic blips and bleeps of Alice Deejay began to infiltrate the air. I immediately recognized the song and just as the robotic female voice began to sing the infamous chorus "do you think you're better off alone?" I was astounded to see that Libby was having a throwdown on the dancefloor with the bitch whose ass she was suppose to kick. It was if they had been friends for years! The joyous sounds of Alice Deejay brought peace and joy to everyone present! I am willing to bet any amount of money that a free Alice Deejay concert could even solve that nasty Israeli-Palestinian conflict in the middle east. I mean, who needs war anyways?

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your awesome! I can't believe you remember that band? Hahahahahaha!!!I only listened to that when I was really pissed(most of high school) cause believe it or not it made me feel better and well it has been a long time since I've been that pissed. Crazy. I still do bust out some old school alice- We did have some good times! You continue to always pass forward some of the best music It really does make me want to dance!

8:35 AM  
Blogger bomitoni said...

who knew that alice deejay would be having an impact on our lives all these years later...??? LOL!!! Thanks for coming out, and I am glad you had a blast even if you were sober!!!

10:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home