Sunday, February 08, 2009

Pumpkin Pie Is Fierce



My Low Carb lifestyle sometimes makes eating the foods I like a challenge. I have a sweet tooth and since sugar is a big "no-no" on a low carb diet (duh), I often find myself looking for alternatives. Fortunately there are many commercially available products that satisfy my cravings. Sometimes though, I need to improvise. Last fall I purchased whole wheat, sugar free pie crusts because I wanted to make a low carb cheesecake. Well, I ended up getting lazy and purchased a low carb cheesecake from the Cheesecake Factory instead. So the crusts have been sitting in my freezer....until today!

Sal posted a "I'm a fan of pumpkin pie" on his Facebook page and that suddenly got me inspired to make my own low carb pumpkin pie. In theory, pumpkin pie is one of the most healthy desserts around. Pumpkin is loaded with Vitamin A and fiber! The problem though is all of the sugar in the filling and the flour crust most pumpkin pies are made with. So by using a whole wheat crust and Splenda I created a pumpkin pie that contains only 8 grams of sugar per serving! Shortly after taking this picture I tasted my low carb culinary masterpiece and I must say, it passed my Sweet Tooth's taste test! YUMMMY!!!!!!!!!!!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am sooooo impressed since when do you bake pie????????

6:58 PM  
Blogger Sexbox said...

Since I can buy the crust already made and the pumpkin comes in a can! LOL

9:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home