Thursday, December 22, 2005

Top 5 Albums of 2005

These are the Top 5 Albums of 2005 according to yours truly. Being the cold hearted Scrooge that I am, I wanted to hold off on any positive threads until after Christmas, but I have had enough negativity this week to last me through the next millenium. So I say let's rejoice with some fierce music!

Belanova - "Dulce Beat": Well, anyone who knows me knows that this album has been my most played album of the year. I have already dedicated posts to this masterpiece so I won't repeat myself, but I must say that I have not been this in love with an album since Dannii Minogue's "Neon Nights". The album is perfect in every possible way and I hope it gets the worldwide release it deserves.Favorite Track: Niño

Shakira - "Fijación Oral Vol. 1" This album simply broke all rules and boundaries, musically and commerically. It was the highest selling first week spanish language album ever in the US. It was number #1 even in non-spanish speaking countries like Germany. Shakira proved that good music has no language. The album is a musical journey in which the listner never tires or gets bored. This is definitely the best album of her career. Now what went wrong with Vol. 2 is beyond me......Favorite Track: En Tus Pupilas

Madonna - "Confessions On A Dancefloor" The few negative reivews of this album (from the media and my real life!) have criticized Madonna as a person more than anything else. Is Madonna an evil, coniving, fake, untalented, unoriginal, pop anti-christ? I don't know and personally I could fucking care less. I don't buy an album with the hopes the artist is going to be my best friend nor do I listen it on my iPod while worrying about what the particular artist does in his/her spare time. Having said that, this was a great return to form for Madonna. I honestly don't think even her 80's albums were quite this fun! Unapologetic pop music is what she intended to make and she suceeded. This has become a vital workout companion for me at the gym.Favorite Track: Get Together

Morbo - "Electroguitarpop" I haven't been very vocal about this album. I got it this past summer and at first I wasn't too crazy about it. Little by little though, I found myself listening to it in the car, while studying, or late at night before going to bed. The title of the album is deceiving. There is more "guitar" and alot less "electro", which along with the ominous lyrics/lead vocals, create a very bleak and morose atmosphere. It's definitely not a party album, but satisfying nonetheless, especially for those cold, lonely nights in your apartment.Favorite Track: Piérdete Otra Vez

Angel City - "Love Me Right": This UK dance act had one of the most anticipated dance/pop albums of the year after a string of successful singles in 2004/2005. This album is just so goddamn catchy and filled with bouncy hooks you can't help but shake your groove thing!Favorite Track: Do You Know?

3 Comments:

Blogger musicbeing said...

Oh god, Angel City came out this year? The CD was fierce....see I do know how to pick good dance music. Remember the bitching I gave to you when you were all like "I didn't think you would like this"? hehehehe.

7:33 PM  
Blogger bomitoni said...

no anna vissi?? i thought that album was better than marana in your words...

9:52 PM  
Blogger Sexbox said...

"Nylon" shits all over "Hung Up", but as for the album, Mad-Doo-Doo is the winner! Anna would still make the Top 10 though. I am just too lazy to make a list that long. it is cold in my apartment and I am getting arthritis in my fingers.

10:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home