Sunday, March 05, 2006

My Quarter Life Crisis



I must thank My Milwaukee Sister for the fierce birthday invite. I shall be having a white trash themed birthday party at Taco Bell followed by some fierce freestyle/80's videos at Roscoes. Although I don't consider my upbringing to have been "white trash", we were poor enough so there were definitely some white trash elements always present (did anyone get the free government cheese years ago? it was fucking fierce! lol)

So this means in less than two weeks I will be turning 27. Ugh. I suppose I should have experienced my "quarter life crisis" 2 years ago, but what can I say, punctuality is not one of my virtues. So allow me these few seconds to be overly dramatic.

I am not exactly sure why being in my late 20's is so traumatizing. I definitely have accomplished much, professionally and academically speaking. Perhaps I am aware of the the agist society we live in and I dread being old. I am not agist. I am totally fine with other people getting old, just not me! I am already getting those stupid comments from younger people when I tell them my age. "Oh, that's not THAT old......I guess." or "Oh wow, you look so much younger!". Well, what the fuck, of course late 20's isn't old! And how the fuck should I look at this age? Like Bill Gates?

I am sure this anxiety will quickly pass. However, I am making it a point to utilize the rest of my 20's wisely. I want to travel more and refine my socialization skills. I need to loosen up and stop being always so serious when I go out, whether it be a bar or some other social event. I remember back when I was 20 I was such a carefree and fun guy. I suppose I still am to a certain extent (in other words with the right amount of alcohol) but I feel like my professional and academic personas have taken over and the old me has been shoved in closet somewhere. I have become this sterile, reserved, all work no play, party pooper.

Ok, my dramatic rant is over. I am sure I exagerated a litte but whatever. So here;s a little Beefaroni Flashback. A few weeks ago I was obsessing over Eddie Cibrian and all of the sudden I am finding these new uber hot pictures. Yum.



And finally, I heard back from UIC's College Of Pharmacy. They wanted me to come for an interview. It felt so good writing them back to inform them I had accepted an offer elsewhere. Ahhhhhh.....rejection is great when it isn't me that's being rejected! :)

6 Comments:

Blogger Chargenda said...

am i invited to the party? I will totally come.

10:43 AM  
Blogger musicbeing said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

9:37 PM  
Blogger musicbeing said...

I think it's so trashy to bring people to a party OR a friends house when the person hosting did not invite those people. And to the people who come, they have no self respect or couth.

10:50 PM  
Blogger Sexbox said...

I agree Rob, but what bothers me even more are guests that think they have a right to say who you can or can't invite to your home, as IF they pay the bills!

12:03 AM  
Blogger Chargenda said...

um, right. Did I ever say I wasn't trashy? When and where?

10:46 AM  
Blogger bomitoni said...

that's quite a fierce invite if i do say so myself. lol. charlie, u can come but of course that means you have to sing along to all our childhood divas!

11:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home