Thursday, May 04, 2006

What would Allah say?



During my brief time at UIC I could not help but notice how prominent the Islamic student population was. I thought it was nice to see so many young Muslim girls embracing their religion and wearing traditional gamrnets like the one in my picture above. Such dedication and conviction is quite admirable! Especially when one considers that these girls would be covered from head to toe in their scarves burquas and tunics even on the hottest of days.

I's just a shame that 90% of these girls MUST have been color blind with absolutely ZERO fashion sense. I mean, what was up with the pastels and scary prints???? Being religious should not be synonymous with fashion disaster! Ladies! Pastels never look good on ANYONE! Unless you are the trying to idolize the fucking Easter Bunny (which in this case is HIGHLY unlikely)leave the pastels alone. I cannot tell you how many girls I saw with the most putrid, vomit inducing colored scarves. The poor things!

The worst part though, and I am sure even Allah doesn't approve of this one, were the girls who not only wore the ugliest burquas and head scarves but to top it off wore a dirty pair of Reebok or Nike tennis shoes. WHAT THE FUCK?!?!?!? Talk about not knowing how to accessorize! It was shocking and just about broke my cold heart to see these girls. Who in their right mind would think tennis shoes and a burqua are meant to go together? I find it hard to believe this fashion faux pas is allowed in the Koran.

I wonder what Allah would have to say about all of this?

1 Comments:

Blogger bomitoni said...

this is so wrong but i love it!

11:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home