Monday, April 24, 2006

Fucking Free Food



I would like everyone to know that this week is National Medical Laboratory Professionals Week. For most of my friends and family, what I do for a living is a bit of an enigma. I am generally too lazy to explain what I do for a living because 1. I am sick of my career, and 2. It's just too boring to talk about. However, labs all across the nation use this week to increase public awareness and understanding of clinical laboratory personnel and the integral role they play in the health care team.

In other words it is an excuse to have alot of food everyday and pig out.

I fucking hate it. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy free stuff, but I am a fussy eater, even more so now that I don't eat meat. Also, I am not one of those gluttonous pigs who has to eat everything in sight just because it's "free". My coworkers don't understand this though. Of course, the majority of them are obese and on 20 different medications for their cholesterol, diabetes, blood pressure, etc, so this is no real surprise.

I just wish that people would leave me the fuck alone when I politely say "no thanks" to whatever crappy free food is available that day. Free food really brings the worst out of people. My coworkers turn into these scary Nazi-like individuals that interrogate me and use all sorts of pressure tactics to get me to eat the free food with them. "Oh come on! I'll get a plate for you" "You just ate? Nonsense! Eat again, it's free!" "Not even a desert?" "How about you save it for later?" "What do you mean you don't like Vietamese Dog Chowder?".

I have my own food. If there is free food that I genuinely like, of course I will take some, but I am not some fucking psycho fat ass pig who feels compelled to devour an entire box of krispy Kreme or a whole large pizza just because it's "free".

In fact, now that I am ranting, I fucking hate when ANYONE comments on what I eat. I am a fucking 27 year old grown man and if I want to eat nothing but Jelly Beans everyday it's my fucking business and I don't need other people's input. So fuck off.

(jeez, all this talk of food has actually made me hungry now).

3 Comments:

Blogger musicbeing said...

Hahaha...Vietnamese Dog Chowder.

I know all about this whole "free food" thing. People used to literally fight and race to the breakroom when I worked for UIC on days when the drug reps brought food.

I on the other hand, was not a fussy eater and ate whatever was there. I remember one of the LST's (Logan Square Trash) that I used to work there, who was about 300lbs, one time ate like 3 subs, 3 cookies and 2 bags of chips on one day when Subway was catered....eek!

8:26 PM  
Blogger Sexbox said...

yes, but did you eat because you really were hungry and had no food, or did you just say to yourself "well, i already had lunch and i am not hungry but this is free so i will eat it anyways".

That's what really irks me!

9:57 PM  
Blogger equippedtofascinate said...

Hum, I'm the person who eats because it's free. I have no shame. As far as the free Krispy Kremes, I'd be all over those if they were available. I'm fat, what can I say?

10:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home