Sunday, April 09, 2006

"Welcome to prime time, bitch!"



That has to be one of my favorite Nightmare On Elm Street moments ever. Such a simple statement, yet so effective at the same time. Freddy Krueger was fierce. I would have been honored to have a TV-Freddy smash my head through a televison screen.

I do not have horrible nightmares about Freddy. In fact, I rarely have dreams about any movie monster, despite the fact I love horror films. I DO however have a set of recurring dreams that I have been getting for years. Maybe someone can psycho-analyze what they mean.

Bridge Over Troubled Waters



I always dream that I am driving on a bridge over a large body of water when suddenly I lose control of the car and I go flying into the water. It is always at night time and I am always by myself. I can never remember what happens when I hit the water because I usually wake up at that point.

Dude, Where's My Car?



Another disturbing dream I always have is that I park my car for 15 minutes some where in the city, and when I return it is gone. Generally my car has been towed or it has been stolen. In either case I always am overcome with this extreme sense of panic and vulnerability as it becomes more and more evident that my car is gone (as opposed to just having forgot where I parked). I always wake up totally relieved that it was just a dream.

The Devil's Advocate



This is probably the only genuine nightmare I have. Basically, I am in the bathroom getting ready when the lights suddenly turn off and Satan appears in the mirror. He then tries to suck me through the mirror to the "other side". He has never succeeded but I always have to hang on to the toilet or some other fixed object to prevent him from taking me. I always wake up drenched in sweat after that one.


Of course, I do have recurring dreams that are fun, like the sex dreams, but the three I just described seemed to be my most common ones. I dream them about a couple times a month. I hope this doesn't mean I am fucked in the head or something!

3 Comments:

Blogger musicbeing said...

Awww...I used to have a recurring dream of falling of a bulding and being crushed. I also used to dream of bridges or viaducts falling on top of me when going under them.

As for Freddy..my favourite moment has to be the first death scene in the original... THIS! is God..*cackle*". Those long arms still creep me out

4:08 PM  
Blogger MatadorMexicano said...

i dont remember any 0of my recurring dreams, but i do have a motiff for many of my dreams/ nightmares: somethings happening, then a train comes and crashes into us. i could be in the middle of work, and the smash! a train! i think its because you can hear the train whistle from my room and it somehow makes its way into my subconsious

6:43 PM  
Blogger equippedtofascinate said...

I have reoccuring dreams all the time. I think I'm probably going to end up with nightmares tonight due to your description of your Satan dream. Thanks.

9:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home