Monday, November 06, 2006

Dulce Dolphin



Normally when I go to a concert I can't wait to blog or talk about it. Unfortunately I have to say I didn't have a good time last night at the Belanova concert at Green Dolphin. It was a free concert so perhaps I shouldn't complain, but I did lose 3 hours of my life at this event so fuck it.

To make a long story short, the venue was horrible. The sound system sucked. The audience was just a bunch of obnoxious drunk straight people (once again, why must couples come to these concerts just to make out and dry hump??????). The worst was this scary naco that looked like a Banda Recodo reject who was hopping around the whole time. Yuck. I also got the impression the majority of the crowd were not even fans of Belanova. This made it even worse. So when you add all of that on top of the fact I was already tired and crabby I can honestly say I didn't have a good time. I love Belanova and their "Dulce beat" album is probably one of my favorite albums in the past 5 years but I wish they had come under different circumstances....or to a different venue!

As for my lousy mood, well the was due to the fact I am officially not adjusting well to my new "poor student" status. When all of the student loan money was deposited in my account in September I was very happy. Now the first quarter is almost over with and I have nothing in my bank account. Where has the money gone? oh trust me, nothing fun that's for sure. My work checks should cover me for the rest of the month so I can eat but until I get paid I am living on my credit card. The new quarter begins in December so I will get the second part of my student loans, but nevertheless all of the extra things I was hoping to do this year are not going to happen. There is no way I can take any portuguese classes. There will be no vacations. There won't be anything fun really. It's frustrating because there is so much pressue for students (especially at the post-graduate level) to be these well rounded individuals that involve themselves in activities that don't necessarily pertain to their studies, but unless you have some rich parents who can foot the bill for everything it is damn near impossible to do this.

On a lighter and more positive note, I am looking forward to this Friday. I will be seeing JQ perform with his dance company at the Harris theater. I have seen him perform at Ravinia but this is a much larger production.

4 Comments:

Blogger musicbeing said...

Yeah, the concert was a big "so-so" for me. But to be fair, I'm not exactly a Belanova freak. But those 2 bands we had to suffer through were horrendous. El Guapo mas feo..:P

12:10 AM  
Blogger bomitoni said...

even though the circumstances involved w/ the event were obnoxious, for all the obvious reasons you've already stated, i still enjoyed the show and shouted along to every song.

as for your financial status...hmmm....well maybe u should find a cheaper apartment. you could save tons if u weren't spending so much on rent.

10:32 AM  
Blogger Sexbox said...

Oooh sweetie, I have already gone down the route of having a cheaper apartment to save money. I learned my lesson! Living in that studio was hell on earth. The conveniece of living where I live far outweighs the rent, esepcially considering my commute is already bad. Ideally I wish I could move to Downer's Grove to be closer to school, but that would be just as exepensive as downtown and well let's face it, the burbs suck! lol

12:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello,

When ever I surf on web I never forget to visit this website[url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/lose-10-pounds-in-2-weeks-quick-weight-loss-tips].[/url]Plenty of useful information on chicagosexbox.blogspot.com. Do you pay attention towards your health?. Are you really serious about your weight?. Recent Scientific Research shows that almost 70% of all U.S. adults are either chubby or weighty[url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/lose-10-pounds-in-2-weeks-quick-weight-loss-tips].[/url] So if you're one of these people, you're not alone. Infact many among us need to lose 10 to 20 lbs once in a while to get sexy and perfect six pack abs. Now next question is how you can achive quick weight loss? You can easily lose with with little effort. Some improvement in of daily activity can help us in losing weight quickly.

About me: I am webmaster of [url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/lose-10-pounds-in-2-weeks-quick-weight-loss-tips]Quick weight loss tips[/url]. I am also health trainer who can help you lose weight quickly. If you do not want to go under hard training program than you may also try [url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/acai-berry-for-quick-weight-loss]Acai Berry[/url] or [url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/colon-cleanse-for-weight-loss]Colon Cleansing[/url] for effective weight loss.

12:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home