Friday, October 27, 2006

100 Drag Queens




On Wednesday evening I went to Sidetrack for the annual "Night of a 100 Drag Queens". Normally this would not be an event I would attend but JQ was performing and asked that I come see him. It didn't occur to me to bring a camera so the picture I posted is actually from last year. Anyhoo, you get the idea. There were drag queen perfomances that alternated between two different stages. I am not a fan of drag queens but there seemed to be more of a "comedy" theme going on for most of the night which made everything far more entertaining than watching the usual pretentious queens attempt to lip sync through some crappy Cher remix. There were also alot of scantily clad back up dancers (JQ being one of them) that provided for nice eye candy. I was unable to see JQ's final performance though because I needed to be in bed by 11pm. I officially cannot function without a full 8 hours of sleep. Speaking of which, I went last night to pick up my ticket for the Belanova concert. The concert is "invite only" so I had to win a ticket and then go to some trashy bar to get it. Anyhoo, in order to do this I had to stay up past my bedtime. Dear god, I really am getting old because I woke up late today and missed my first class. I don't even want to know what would have happened had I stayed out even later! Thank god I didn't have any exams or quizzes.

I think I need to invest in a coffee maker.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home