Friday, October 20, 2006

So Excited

Actually, the title of my post today couldn't be further from the truth. There has been nothing exciting or noteworthy in the past week hence my lack of posts. Last weekend I went with JQ to IKEA. That was fun. Who doesn't love a trip to IKEA? This week in school wasn't that bad. Oh wow. I am realizing how little I have to say today, lol. Wow this past week has been ridiculously boring.....ummmmmm.....oh, I know. Perhaps this is a good time to blog about JQ!

Well, JQ is the guy I have been dating the past two months. It is a long story how he and I met so I will try to give the cliffnotes version. Back in 2001 when I was still living in Milwaukee I came to Chicago with my fag hag for Madonna's "Drowned World" tour. Before we went to the United Center we went shopping in Boystown. At one of the stores my friend pointed out the really cute boy working at the register. I agreed that he was a total hottie. I never expected to ever run into him again considering I didn't live in Chicago at the time. Anyhoo, one year later I did move to Chicago. I didn't know many people at first so I would often go to bars by myself. Well, one night I saw one particular cute boy and I immediately recognized him from the year before (I have an excellent memory with faces, just not names). So from time to time I would see this mysterious boy around the neighborhood or at bars. He never seemed to pay any attention to me so I never suspected he was interested (I would later find out he too remembered me coming into his store and seeing me all the time too). Well, about two years ago we made eye contact one night and said hi. He was with friends and I was with friends so we didn't really get to exchange anymore information. He continued to be the "mysterious cute boy". After that incident though I decided the next time I saw him I was going to give him my number. Well, I never ran into him after that. Sometimes I have such shitty luck! lol

Anyhoo, this past August I was browsing a gay dating site. I really had no interest in meeting anyone. In fact, I didn't even have my own profile, justa login name. However, I felt like checking out all of the free nude pictures so many of these guys put in their profiles. Well, needless to say I came across JQ's profile. I couldn't believe it. His profile was very decent and not raunchy, so I immediately created a profile and contacted him. He remembered who I was so we exchanged numbers and went out for drinks that night. I have come to discover that not only is he incredibly hot and sexy, but he is smart, mature, funny and very goal oriented. He has impressed me so much that I feel like the past two months have been one long dream. He seems to good to be true.

Even though it has been 2 months I am not sure where we stand. But you know what, that's ok. The fact we have taken things so slowly has been good for the both of us. Lord knows I have had some bad experiences in the past that have left me with a lot of emotional baggage I need to sort through. So if things continue to work out that is great, and if they don't well that's great too. At least I will know that I was smart enough not to let my baggage scare me from dating again. We all have to deal with our issues eventually I suppose. Running away from our problems only makes things worse.

So I finally remember why I entitled today's post "So Excited"....I officially love Janet Jackson's latest floptastic single and album. I don't care if it sells less copies than "Dream Street" or if the critics hate it. Janet hasn't got me 'so excited' in quite a long time!

3 Comments:

Blogger musicbeing said...

I love your attitude, seriously. "If it work out great, if it doesn't, great. I'll live". That's the same way I am.

But still...it's alot nicer when things do work out and for the best.

Did u stop at Tower in Schaumburg?

7:53 PM  
Blogger bomitoni said...

I for one hope things do work out. I'd love to finally have my own Milwaukee Sister-In-Law :)

Anything that involves Khia is ok w/ me!

2:52 PM  
Blogger Robby said...

whatchu talkin' bout, shorty!?

4:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home