Thursday, December 07, 2006

You Must Not Know 'Bout Me (To the left, to the left)

I really have a great group of friends. However there are times when I just can't help but wonder if they are on crack or have lost complete touch with reality or simply just don't pay any attention to what I say. Now, I am not going to say I never ask for advice. This is not true, but there are plenty of times I DON'T ask for advice, yet someone is more than willing to give an unsolicited piece of their mind. I really can't complain. I am sure I do the same thing. What I am complaining about are friends who give me advice about a situation when they really are not ones to be talking. For example, let's say I hve a drug problem (although I suspect some of my friends already think this is the case, damn that crystal meth/gay male stereotype!) and my friend Whitney Houston comes to me one day and tries to tell me how I should quit. I mean, I appreciate the kind gesture, but come on, do I really need a crack whore telling my how to manage my own recreational drug use? I am equally annoyed by friends who seem to have this twisted idea of who I am and regardless of what I am telling them, their advice always seems to reflect that view. For example, let's say I was friends with Mariah Carey during her "crazy period" (2001-2003). Now, Mimi tends to think I am a scatterbrain, needy, and high maintenance individual who desperately needs outside guidance. She never tells me this outright but her advice and comments are highly suggestive of this. I can't help but shake my head in frustration because it is quite obvious I am the complete opposite of this. Nevertheless, I realize Mimi, as she strips on TRL with an ice cream truck, is only doing what she thinks is best.

The moral of this story: Unsolicited advice from some individuals should sometimes just be ignored. They might mean well but perhaps are not in the position to be even handing out advice to a cat.

5 Comments:

Blogger Luis said...

I love the way that even when you're being serious, you can find a way to camp it up, and add a little humor. This one had me giggling to myself.

6:34 PM  
Blogger Michael said...

Let me give you some advice on how to handle that type of person.... :-)

9:06 PM  
Blogger musicbeing said...

I don't ever give you or anyone else advice unless they really ask me to. You don't like me very much, I'd hate to give you more reasons to keep it up.

The way I see it is..I have my own issues, who am I to tell you what to do when I haven't gotten rid of my own issues?

12:26 AM  
Blogger musicbeing said...

P.S..love your post title. Tis the only Beyonce song that deserves the praise.

12:27 AM  
Blogger Sexbox said...

Well ,you can rest assure that my post today had nothing to do with you....or anyone else that woukld leave a comment. Like I said, these people are disconnected from reality they wouldn't realize I am talking about them!

8:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home