Friday, March 16, 2007

Revolution In Me

Tomorrow is my birthday so today is the last day I can tell people I am 27. You can bet that I will be telling everyone I am 27 today. I am going to walk up to perfect strangers and say "hey guess what, I am 27 years old!" Fuck yeah. I need to take advantage of this day because when the clock strikes midnight I will be 28. Two to the eight. Veintiocho.

Ugh.


To say I feel like my youth is slowly slipping away from me would be an understatement. I actually feel like it is frantically running out the door while I desperately cling to its ankles begging it to stay. Well, at least I still look fierce and don't have any wrinkles. (knock on wood)

So today's post is titled after this album by the orignal white girl from the UK girl group, the Sugababes:



I actually hated this album and got rid of it on LaLa.com. but that's beside the point. I really wanted to have a artsy fartsy blog title today since now that I am old something more frivolous just wouldn't do.

Ok, I lie, there is a real reason why I used that title. My youth may be running out the door faster than most of my one night stands but I have decided it's time to take advantage of what little bit of my 20's still remains. You know, I got my shit together. I have a good job. I am getting a doctorate degree. There are no bill collectors after me (yet). So I have had to ask myself why is it I have become such a boring person. Why? Why? Why!!!?!?! What the fuck am I trying to prove? Nothing really, which is why the revolution in me must commence! I remember when I first moved to Chicago a few years back. To recover from the repressed life I had in Milwaukee I let loose and slutted it up and partied big time. I look back though and I must say everything was just so random and aimless. That first year I was here I didn't do anything that really mattered. Things are different now. I want to go back to those days (well not exactly) and have some FUN again. I want to be a little more carefree. I want to not worry what people might think or say. In fact, I want to laugh at those people who may try to project their own insecurities onto me because wasting my youth and not living it to the fullest is far more important. yes, my 28th year on this planet is going to be intense. It's going to be good I tell ya! In fact, I am going to tell you a little secret..........i have already started my "revolution" and a few friends were a bit shocked when they found out exactly how I have begun to implement these changes in my life.

But unlike when I first moved here, there is order in my life. I won't be wasting time, rather I will be taking advantage of it.

4 Comments:

Blogger Luis said...

You exude sexiness in most of everything that you write. That's one of the reasons I read your blog.

I loved that little teaser, "I have already started my "revolution"."

Go on wit' yo' bad-ass 28 year-old self, honaye!

2:29 AM  
Blogger Luis said...

Oh, and happy birthday!

2:31 AM  
Blogger musicbeing said...

I really don't get the age-isms people suffer with. You're alive for a good 80 years and you've only lived 28. Can't u take joy in the fact u have about 52 years left?

Age is all relative to me anyway. If I lived my life by the standards my age would bring me, I'd really really be unhappy and I am not unhappy. I'm here.

Happy b/day by the way!

11:49 AM  
Blogger MatadorMexicano said...

viejo!!!!! hahahah jk!

4:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home