Monday, March 05, 2007

Spring Break Recap

Well my spring break has come and gone. I actually got alot accomplished while on break. I also had the chance to catch up on my social life. Like I have said before, as I am approaching my birthday I am realizing I drastically need to find a healthy balance between school, work and FUN. I can't be a nerd all of the time.

I was out and about 7 nights in a row and I can honestly I am fucking tired and broke! Between movies, restaurants, the Virgin Megastore, Starbucks, and alcohol I exhausted my entertainment funds for the next month. Luckily my birthday is approaching so I know I won't have to pay for shit that night, lol.



Although I spent the majority of my break having fun, I did reserve last Wednesday for something a little more studious. I spent the day shadowing Dr. Damer, one of the Infectious Disease Clinical Pharmacists, at Rush University Medical Center. I had such a great time. I mean, I was really excited to be able to follow her throughout a typical day. The experience definitely reconfirmed I have made the right career choice. I won't go into all of the boring details, but we spent the day going through patient charts, correlating lab values with drug therapies, checking (and finding) many drug errors (possible adverse reactions, inappropriate dosing/therapy), answering and making phone calls (the residents, nurses and attending physicians had LOTS of questions for Dr. Damer). By the time the morning was over I was tired from all of the running around we were doing. The afternoon allowed me to see even more things and ask more questions.

One thing I must say about Rush is that there were some major hotties there! Grrrr....I need to date a hot resident/physician. lol I kept making eye contact with one but I don't think he was gay. I think he was just wondering what the fuck I was looking at. lol

Saturday night was special because I finally got my lesbian friend from school to leave the safety of the burbs and venture into the city. We drank and ate WAY too much. Ok, I was the one doing most of the eating and drinking but that's besides the point.


And last, but not least, I leave you with a little beefaroni......Tatum Channing! I have wanted to blog about him ever since "Step Up" came out. I could never find a good picture of him though until one day when I randomly came across this pictorial collage. Holy shit, can we say bootylicious? I would love to get my hands on the full photoshoot for the semi-nude pics. Yum!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey there! Glad that you had a wonderful time at Rush. There is nothing better that knowing what you have studied for, sacrificed for, and devoted time to is something that you will not regret later! Good for you!!! There was an article in the Red Eye today, I thought you might like it. It explored the healthy option of being a vegetarian. You have mentioned in previous blogs that some of your friends have not always been supportive of that decision. Perhaps finding this article and giving it to them will enlighten them about your choice of food products? At the very least, it will give you more ammunition to battle against them and may even have some things to snack on that you may not have thought of previously. Have a good day at school!!!

9:34 PM  
Blogger Sexbox said...

thanks, I will see if I can still find a copy :)

9:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home