Saturday, February 10, 2007

¿Sophie, qué hiciste?

There hasnn't been much new music to get exicted about so far in 2007. This is a good thing since it helps me stick to my budget. This will all be changing very soon because there are two new songs that I am obsessed with and I am looking forward to the full length albums.

Sophie Ellis-Bextor - "Catch You"



Sophie is one of the most beautiful and classiest female pop singers of our era. Her debut album back in 2001 was a worldwide smash but the she suffered a sophomore slump in 2003. She took some time off to have a baby last year and it looks like she is ready to conquer the world again with her sophisticated pop attitude. I fucking love this song!!!!! I mean, what's not to love about an unapologetic psycho stalker singing to her victim?

Jennifer Lopez - "Que Hiciste"



J-lo goes back to her roots...literally! When was the last time we saw her with such dark hair? The "That's The Way Love Goes" video"? On "In Living Color"? Who knows but I love it. I also love the fact she is returning to her pop roots and leaving behind all of that rent-a-rapper pseudo hip hop crap (not counting her fabulous and fierce duets with LL Cool J of course) that ruined her last two albums. All I need to know is that we are getting a "Waiting For Tonight Part 2" and J-lo will have redeemed herself as far as I am concerned.



As for me, I am still boogerfied with this nasty cold. I had no choice but to work today because i need the money!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really like to check in ur blog from time to time for new music that i would find appealing. too bad that the usual shelf life to these songs are closely coming to an end. I liked the music right off the bat but that just usually means it will drive me insane by the time radio play dwindles aka sexycrap and so on. But nevertheless u have that magic touch of hearing it sooner than later
said a kylie minogue fan

9:42 PM  
Blogger musicbeing said...

I like Jennifer Lopez's new song too...*looks around the room in fright*

Even though this CD will probably another contrived effort to sell records and exploitation like Christina Aguilera's CD, if the music is good (well as good as her awful vocals can produce) I shall get her album.

Sophie's new song is fierce. Its been so long since I have heard such a great pop song. I'm sure it will flop big time. Well except for in Mexico.

4:28 AM  
Blogger Sexbox said...

Sophie's song is already doing well in the UK. You practically live on togerland you should know this. It's already Top 20 on downloads only :)

Ms. Bextor has come back to "catch" her fans that forgot about her the last time around :)

10:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home