Saturday, May 31, 2008

4 Dollars (To Save The World)

So when I got back from Mexico all I herd about on the news was the increase in oil and gas prices. Now, I probably don't hold the most popular opinion on this subject but I don't see the big deal. The US still pays the least for gasoline in the developed world. Europe has been coping with higher gas prices for a much longer time and it wasn't the end of the world for them. In fact, they must be doing something right considering the Euro currently shits all over the US dollar. Also, what irks me the most about the gas prices is that the people complaining are the ones who can afford to spend a little extra money. Hmmm...maybe buying that Hummer and moving 60 miles away to some secluded suburb in that million dollar home that was built on forest land and destroyed an entire ecosystem wasn't such a great idea after all. Boo hoo.

3 Comments:

Blogger MatadorMexicano said...

preach it! i actually spend less on gas now than i did when it was cheap. i now only spend 20 dollars a week on gas, and just use the car when i need to drive 20 minutes away to one of my jobs. the increase has made me realize the need to localize my needs, and to keep things simple. ive been walking to school, and to my other job since january, and its been quite pleasant.

8:57 PM  
Blogger musicbeing said...

Good. I am all for gas prices...and I hope that it REALLY hurts those country fucks who have no choice but to drive everywhere as everything is miles apart. Then that way they'll be proud of supporting our president and this war in Iraq.

11:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's my boy! I miss you so much Thats the Ed I know and love! Your awesome tc

10:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home