Friday, July 18, 2008

Tie The Knot



For the 24 years I have been on this planet I have successfully avoided the need to learn how to tie a necktie. No one ever taught me as a child (I grew up poor and ghetto, no need for a tie!) and the one time I absolutely had to wear a tie I bought one of those tacky clip on ties. Well, last week my hospital pharmacy rotation ended and I have now started a community pharmacy rotation that has a strict dress code. This dress code requires men wearing ties. I initally began to panic. I had only two days to buy a couple ties and learn how to wear one! My first instinct was to call a friend so he could teach me, but then I realized I was being a big pussy. I knew this day was going to come sooner or later so I went on You Tube and discovered several instructional videos. It was easier then I thought and now I don't understand why ties intimidated me for so long!

3 Comments:

Blogger Luis said...

Oooh! I love neckties! I learned to tie ties from my first boyfriend. I'd do a bigger Full Windsor knot for the tie you have on in the photo... but I'm always doing Windsor Knots. I even do them with skinny ties! Oh, and don't forget to dimple the tie like in fashion photos!

10:47 PM  
Blogger Sexbox said...

Dimple the tie? Oooh, this is getting way too complex for me, lol

12:20 AM  
Blogger musicbeing said...

It's because of the lack of male role model growing up. They usually teach us how to tie ties.


Well I had a ranchero Mexican childhood. Ties? Dress shoes? Suits? Dinner etiquette? Out of the question.


Curiously enough I learned online as well a few years ago when I first started going on job interviews for reception/office positions. It's hella easy.

3:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home