Thursday, December 18, 2008

F.U.C.K.M.E.



So I really like the new Britney Spears album. It's not as good as 2007's "Blackout" due to a couple crummy ballads (seriously, Britney, a sappy ballad about your kids when you don't even have custody of them? LOL) but she still seems to be celebrating her place in the entertainment world as good girl gone trailer trash bad. I am almost ashamed to admit that I just now have figured out the double meaning of "If You Seek Amy". My mind is in the gutter 90% of the time so I don't know how I missed that one. Perhaps being with Mario is wiping all impure thoughts from my mind?

I think it's remarkable that I am a Britney fan at all. Years ago I couldn't stand the bitch. Both her and Christina Uglyera made me want to gag. Mrs. Uglyera still induces projectile vomiting whenever she tries to shove 15 notes in a span of 2 seconds but I have most definitely warmed up to Britney. I will admit, she can't sing live and her recorded vocals sound so over produced it like listening to a robotic Paula Abdul. Britney can't even claim that she writes the majority of her catchy material. Her record company enlists expensive and fancy writers and producers to make her sound so good. Britney is just a glorified country bumpkin that got lucky.

Or is she?

If it was the people (and computers lol) that surround Britney that make her so popular, how come the same circumstances can't produce similar results in other artists? Paris Hilton, for example, is probably an even bigger media whore than Britney. She had top notch producers and the backing of a huge record label and VH1 to promote her 2006 album...........that no one bought. I guess Britney does have some sort of "x factor" that is required for longevity and continued success. perhaps I should give her more credit.

And wow, I am so gay for blogging about the secret to Britney's success.

3 Comments:

Blogger Luis said...

There is a term used to describe people like Britney. In entertainment, she's categorized as, "relatable." This kind of person doesn't intimidate the "normal," "average," brutes and retards. She has flaws. She makes people feel as though they know her because she has problems, "like everyone else."

In those terms, compared to Britney, Paris is an alien from another planet! It's no wonder she's never been very successful as an "artist." LOL

7:12 PM  
Blogger Sexbox said...

LOL!!!!!! OMIGOD, I love your analysis....of both Britney and Paris! That has got to be it! I bow down to you for taking such a gay topic to a very oddly intellectual level.

2:34 AM  
Blogger Luis said...

If you look at it closely, it turns out Pop Culture is a pretty good qualitative measure of our culture in general.

:-)

2:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home