Thursday, March 05, 2009

Malignant Senioroma

Have you ever heard of students with "senioritis"? Well, I think I have a malignant senioroma! I still have 6 more months of clinicals but I feel like I am ready to graduate NOW! This week has been grueling. Although classes are officially over I had to be on campus three more days this week. One day was for immunization training. I am so proud that I know how to use needles now for purposes other than illegal opioid narcotic addictions. Yay me! The third day was for a clinical rotation orientation.....which was rather pointless for about a fourth of my class (including me) since we have already completed two rotations last summer. Today was my first day at my general medicine rotation site, Weiss Memorial. While I didn't do much the first day I am very eager to begin utilizing my superhuman pharmacy student powers to ensure safe and proper pharmacotherapy! You don't want to see a person survive a near life threatening bout of septic shock with a nasty bug like Pseudomonas aeruginosa only to have that patient die of renal failure or end up deaf because the clinical pharmacist was too lazy to calculate patient specific pharmacokinetics of the amikacin and vancomycin doses and make adjustments as necesary per the Pharmacy and Therapeutics protocol. Hmmmm.....and if I only had a dime for everytime someone asked me why pharmacists get paid so much for counting pills and passing out medication. grrrrrrrrr......

Anyhoo, I don't have much more to report. I think I found a nice friend with benefits to keep me busy until I move to Miami. Did I mention he's Brazilian and an underwear model? Yes Margaret, God really does listen!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home