Wednesday, August 12, 2009

I desire.



I desire a MAN whose stength is measured not by his biceps but by his ability to endure both the good and bad times.

I desire a MAN whose self-worth and happiness is not determined by being in a relationship. He should already be complete as one. My companionship only augments the happiness as each day passes.

I desire a MAN who doesn't believe in love at first sight because love, trust and monogamy are components of a process that continues until death do us part. Real love is not associated with a fleeting moment in time. Those who fall in love quickly tend to fall out of love just as easily.

I desire a MAN who isn't afraid to express his thoughts, opinions and feelings. Nor is he afraid to ask the same of me. He can do both of these without ever sounding whiny or bitchy.

I desire a MAN who will miss me when I leave but will not lose his own identity during my absence.

I desire a MAN who celebrates our similarities and differences alike because both are what will keep us together inevitably.

I desire PERFECTION, not because I believe in setting unrealistic expectations but perfection is sujective much like happiness. My happiness is not something I am willing to compromise.

I DESIRE love beyond all thought and reason.

2 Comments:

Blogger Mike said...

Doll, if you find him - ask him if he has a brother.

I feel like I've spent this entire year scraping the bottom of the dating barrel.

8:19 PM  
Anonymous Ren said...

Amen! Can I get a hallelujah! Love it-love you!

3:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home