Thursday, January 12, 2006

Gaydar at the Gas Station

I'm crushed. I have the worst luck ever when it comes to men and it is no wonder that I am single.

I work in the suburbs of Chicago and today during my break I decided to go to the gas station since gas is cheaper here in the burbs than in the city. Well, as I was walking past this SUV my gaydar began to go off. The windows were tinted and I couldn't see the driver but I just knew that there was a homosexual inside! So I paid for my gas and as I was leaving the SUV driver was standing outside filling his tank. We both just stared at eachother for a few seconds. He then said "Hello." to which I responded with a "hello". I felt so weird just saying hi to a stranger at the gas station like that. In the city, there are homos everywhere, but in the burbs this is really a rare ocurrence.

Anyhoo, he was cute so I walked back over to him and we began to chat. I suggested we exchange numbers and he suggested that I take his number and program it in my cell phone. Well, I am really stupid when it comes to cell phones and entering phone numbers but for some stupid reason it didn't occur to me to say "let me get a pen and paper". So he gave me his number and I thought I had saved it in my phone. He didn't take my number and then we said goodbye and left. I got back to work realizing I NEVER FUCKING pressed "save" and his number was gone :(

So now I am going to put one of those "missed connections" ads on Craiglists. Yes, I am a loser.

8 Comments:

Blogger musicbeing said...

Yeah but this really WAS a missed connection...u guys ACTUALLY had a moment, not like those losers on Craigslist.org who put shit like "You looked at me for 1/4 of a second at the checkout at Jewel, I felt we connected! Let's hook up!".

Don't worry, you'll find him (or someone better) again

10:35 PM  
Blogger equippedtofascinate said...

You should spend every second of your time at that gas station until you find him again.

11:45 PM  
Blogger bomitoni said...

how did i just find your ad on craigslist?? oh no!!! good luck sista m!!!!

11:28 AM  
Blogger Chargenda said...

I love missed connections and this a great one! I also hate the ones where people like looked at each other for a second. I posted one once, but the guy was staring at me and at the end of the encounter he winked at me and did this hot kiss thing with his lips in a hot way that only a latino man can do. The worst missed connections are the ones where someone says "I was at Rosco last night. Lots of hotties in there. Anyone want to meet up some time?" Ew!

1:54 PM  
Blogger musicbeing said...

Charlie that sounds gross. Sorry that didn't sound romantic at all. And if u really were interested and he salivated at u like that, why not go up to him? The only people who ever do that to me are nasty 40+ men. Nobody cute or adorable in a dorky way. That's another thing I love, extremely shy dorky guys who stare at me and when I look back and smile at them they pretend to look the other way and look nervous...awwww!

2:24 PM  
Blogger Chargenda said...

Well, I was on a bus and he had gotten off the bus and we were making eye contact. Half the time it is just fun to flirt and make eye contact, but I am not one to go up to somebody on the train. I save that for when I am drunk at the bar...

4:23 PM  
Blogger equippedtofascinate said...

Charlie, you also save it for when I'm drunk and you're talking to me online.

6:47 PM  
Blogger Jesus Christ- Superstar said...

a missed connection ad on Craigslist! honey deserve better! i won't hear of it! if it was meant to be, you'll run into him again the next time you are trolling around gas station parking lots!

6:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home