Thursday, December 29, 2005

Happy New Years Biatches!

Well, I will be shaking my ass with lots of class this Saturday at Hydrate with Jorgillo. World famous DJ Ralphi Rosario will be providing the entertainment. He's no Tony Moran but he should still be able to provide some fierce dancefloor stompers. I will be sure to post any slutty or drunken stories here cuz I have no shame!

2005 was a year filled with lots of ups and downs, but I suppose every year is like that. Here is a brief summary of what I consider to be the pivotal moments of the year for me.



1. My HIV Scare. An accident at work this past spring (I work in a hospital lab) may have potentially exposed me to HIV and any other bloodborne pathogen. Within hours of this exposure I was given by the ER nurse my first dose a very powerful HIV medication. Studies show that immmediate administration of HIV meds can possibly prevent transmission of the virus after a significant exposure. So, for an entire month I had to take these medications. The side effects were awful. Every single day I was sick to my stomach or I was so fatigued I could barely get out of bed. I stopped going to the gym and missed alot of school. I salute all of the HIV postitve indivuals in the world who are fortunate enought to have access to these drugs because I don't know how they can handle the harsh side effects on a daily basis. I didn't tell too many friends about what was going on because I didn't want anyone to worry. Also, post exposure therapy isn't a 100% guaranteed, so in the worst case scenario I wasn't sure if I would want people to know what had happened. Well, after 6 months my follow up testing showed that I was still HIV negative. This whole ordeal really opened up my eyes and showed me that even with the fancy medications available, they are not the solution to this horrible epidemic that many people believe them to be.



2. Puerto Rico!!!!!!!! I know some people who think this beautiful island is nothing more than a welfare refuge, but I can say from first hand experience this is so far from the truth. My trip to Puerto Rico is what actually what inspired this blog. I guess you could say this was my trip to the "mother land" hahaha, but I definitely look back at this vaction as a spiritual and emotional journey. I know it sounds so cliche but I did alot of soul searching while I was down there. Of course I checked out the hot guys, shopped and sunbathed in my pink speedo, but even during my the most frivolous activities, there were so many things going through my mind. Although I don't think I would ever travel alone again, I don't think my trip to Puerto Rico would have been the same with a companion. It was something I needed to do by myself.



3. Et tu, Brute? Betrayal. Deceit. Lies. Trust no one. It is very seldom that that I open myself up to someone allowing them to know all of my desires, demons weaknesses, strengths, fears, etc. I believe doing such a thing leaves one in a very vulnerable postion. Unfortunately my vulnerability turned into someone else's game, leaving me quite bitter and disgusted, but, not incapable of moving on.


CHICAGO_SEXBOX'S NEW YEAR'S RESOLUTIONS FOR 2006

Yes, how cliche.

1. Watch those "Queer As Folk" DVD's I bought two years ago. I am probably the only homo who is still wondering what happened after Justin got gay bashed at prom.

2. Stop being such an over achiever. Back in November I was freakign out because I thought I was going to get a C in one of my classes. Well, I got all A's and B's (3.5 GPA) and I also kicked ass on my PCAT exam ranking in the 95th percentile. My friend Reni scolded me for worrying so much so I think I shall take her advice this semester and not be so hard on myself.

3. When I have a problem with something someone does or says I need to address the issue immediately. I have watched this happen to others and I have experienced it myself. The failure to address a problem with someone often results in a snowball effect. Before you know it the tiny "problem" gets out of control and things get messy. There will be none of that in 2006 for me. I will not be afraid to speak my mind goddamnit!

1 Comments:

Blogger bomitoni said...

u had such a busy year. probably because ur heart was so cold.

2:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home