Tuesday, January 03, 2006

I boogie oogie oogied my hot stuff!

I have lived in Chicago now for almost 4 years and this was the first time I had the opportunity to experience Chicago's nightlife on New Years Eve. It definitely is a crazy time in the city. I had a blast with Jorgillo. I don't know where he finds the energy to be such a party animal. He has a liver of steel I tell you! Anyhoo, to make a long story short we had a fierce time. Hydrate had a Studio 54 theme going on for the first half of the night so it was non-stop disco! Woo hoo! Donna Summer, Diana Ross, Blondie, Chic, Sister Sledge, A Taste of Honey.......I was in fucking heaven!!!!!!! Jorge and I were drinking martinis most of the night so after midnight during our drunken stupor we kind of got separated. I was all over some guy on the dancefloor but later on I found a cuter one and left with him. Unfortunately not much happened at my apartment....he passed out! Oh no! I know my sex life has been slow lately, but surely my technique is that rusty, hahaha. I will just tell myself he had too much to drink (which is probably the truth since he could barely talk).

Last night I found myself out again with Jorge, this time at Green Dolphin (Boom Boom Room). I love Monday nights there. It is such a unique mixed crowd and a nice break from Boystown.

With all of the looking back on music of 2005 I have done on my blog, I thought to myself how the internet has introduced me to so much new music I otherwise would not be aware of. Ten years ago my musical tastes pretty much reflected what was on radio or being played on The Box. So I bring to you my Top 5 albums of 1995, let the reminiscing begin!

Mariah Scarey - Daydream In the 90's I religiously bought every Mariah album that came out. By 1999 though, I lost interest in her, along with the rest of the nation!

Real McCoy - Another Night Wooo hoo! I loved all of the white guy rapper/black girl singer techno groups from the 90's!

Selena - Dreaming Of You It's a shame Selena's memory has been tarnished by the 500 "greatest hits" albums since her death, but this album was classic. I was so obsessed with this album that I even considered getting a Selena tattoo when I turned 18. Thank god my friend Reni talked some sense into me!

Jon Secada - Amor I still remember the sales person and his coworkers at Camelot Music store laughing at me when I bought this! How rude!

Marta Sanchez - Mi Mundo/My World The fiercest album of this woman's career. Out of my five picks, this is the one album that I still listen to on a regular basis 10 years later!

My computer is finally fixed and back at home, so look for a proper scandolous beefaroni post very soon!

3 Comments:

Blogger musicbeing said...

Apparently the rest of the world is back to the 1995 mentality, Mariah's back on top.

My favorite CD's of that year were TLC's "CrazySexyCool", Michael Jackson's "HIStory" and No Doubt's "Tragic Kindgdom"

6:30 PM  
Blogger MatadorMexicano said...

jon secada?! whoa!

hahaha jk.... yeah... i used to love selena, until her dad blasted us with her. cant stand her now.

2:50 AM  
Blogger bomitoni said...

MS..."enamorada sin querer" is my fave ever marta sánchez song!!!

and real mccoy..."call for love...i will call u up cause ur my automatic love my number one..."

the lead singer gave me the creeps cause he looks like luis miguel!!!

11:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home