Friday, March 24, 2006

A Question of Time (and Deja Vu)



Woo hoo! I got tickets on Ebay to go see Depeche Mode on May 11th. I really shouldn't have spent the money, and I had to beg my Milwaukee Sister to go with me even though he just spent lots of money on his RBD tickets, BUT, I couldn't miss this concert.....again! You see, Depeche Mode was here in Chicago just a few months ago but because of my school schedule I couldn't go. All of the sudden though they added a bunch of new dates in the US and are coming back! I have never seen them in concert so I am very excited.




Yesterday, I bought these two new releases by salsa singer Michael Stuart (former Beefaroni). Salsa is not a genre I am a big fan of, but he is one of the few artists I do like. Anyhoo, as I was listening to the Greatest Hits cd I was reminded of how much I loved his debut album back in the day (1996). I also was reminded how it was the first album to ever give me "Musical Deja Vu". I know everyone has experienced regulardeja vu before, but has it ever happened when listening to a song? There is a song by Mr. Stuart that when I first heard it, it suddenly made me think of my childhood in the 70's growing up in New York. Hmmmm......I was born in 1979 and have never been to New York. This has happened to me with other songs too. I listen to the song I suddenly have this weird feeling of having been and lived somewhere else. Strangely, these experiences almost always make me think of the same place and era. Bizarre!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ooooh I hope you have fun at the concert.

9:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home