Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Cicadas

Well my Milwaukee Sister can have another reason to hate the burbs.....



I returned to work today after my sinful Memorial Day weekend (more on that later) to discover that the suburbs of Chicago have been taken over by these creatures. Apparently one particular species has some bizarre 17 year lifecyle and this is the year they come out in the millions. Literally on every single tree you see the bugs or whats left of their shedded skins. I personally cannot stand any kind of bug so coming to work today was rather frightening. That creepy buzzing noise they make is all I could hear even with my car windows rolled up. I have read that they are harmless but that gives me no consolation. I cannot wait to return to the comfort of my concrete and steel urban dwelling where cicadas are few and far between!

2 Comments:

Blogger musicbeing said...

Cri Cri looks so cute there :)

Bugs suck. Let's stay indoors so we won't have to worry about them *pours the wine*

6:37 PM  
Blogger bomitoni said...

for a second i thought your post was titled cascada or whatever that crappy eurotrance broad's name is! lol! suburbs=barf!

7:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home