Thursday, May 24, 2007

Mo' Money Mo' Problems

So I have an interesting financial crisis currently looming over my head. I work part time because of school. This is normally not an issue because my income is supplemented during the school year by student loans. Summer is here and that generally means picking up extra hours at my casual job (alot of people go on vacations so I cover for them). Anyhoo, that doesn't seem to be the case this year. There are no extra hours to work so far and I am not sure if there will be any at all the rest of the summer. I do have a few upcoming "opportunities" to earn a little extra cash but that's it. Initially this concerned me. My part time salary leaves me about $200-$300 short every month of what I need to pay all of my bills, buy food, etc. So after a few days of coming to the realization I will probably run out of money before the summer is over with I decided.......

I don't give a flying fuck. I'll charge my groceries if I have to.

I think I have finally reached that age when I realize there are more important things in life than money, like my sanity. The past two summers I practically killed myself working almost 80 hours a week. Last year I never even had the chance to go to the beach once. Fuck that shit. I am taking it easy this summer and enjoying what Chicago has to offer (well, at least the free things, lol).

4 Comments:

Blogger musicbeing said...

I'm not "of age" but I came to that realization years ago. If that was the case I'd be jumping from job to job trying to make more money :)

Glad u chose peace of mind. Maybe I'll see u more often now.

7:26 PM  
Blogger MatadorMexicano said...

dude, you should totaly be a go go boy for the summer, its not like its hard for someone of your... stature! do it once or twice a week and youd be set.

if i ever bulk up to what id like to i would do it.

9:24 PM  
Blogger Sexbox said...

What do you think that "opportunity" was that I referred to!

10:19 PM  
Blogger Luis said...

Opportunities abound, honayes!

11:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home