Saturday, November 03, 2007

A missed connection?

With everything going on the past month it has been very difficult for me to keep up with my socialite duties. There have been several private parties and events I have been invited to that I could not attend. I thought I was even going to miss Sidetrack's Night of 101 Drag Queens but luckily I didn't have any classes last Wednesday. So last Tuesday I met one of my Secret Friends at Sidetrack and enjoyed a weeknight of alcohol, fun and more importantly, trashy drag queens! I went last year for the first time and had a blast. It is a charity event so not only did I get wasted but I did it for a good cause!

The funniest thing about the night was running into three people that were so happy to see me........unfortunately I couldn't remember for the life of me who the hell they were or where we might have met before. I amazed myself though by my ability to hold conversations with these people for almost 15 minutes before finally figuring out how I knew them. It's so hard being a socialite I tell you!



It saddens me to report that another Halloween passed me by. I had no costume and all of my plans for the weekend were VERY last minute. With everything going on I simply did not have time to even THINK about Halloween. I still had a fun weekend though AND I made it to the annual Halloween Parade in my neighborhood. WOW, has that grown! It felt like the fall version of pride!

And to wrap up this fairly dull and boring post (sorry, did I also mention I have had a cold this week?) I was FINALLY a victim of the "Missed Connections" section on Craig's List. Apparently someone spotted me at the gym and liked what they saw under the towel too! LOL. Well, I have an idea as to who posted the ad so I didn't dare respond. Let's just say he wouldn't be my type!

4 Comments:

Blogger Luis said...

You have an idea, but are you certain? What if you're wrong?

4:45 PM  
Blogger Dr. Connolly said...

I just had to comment. I'm a friend of Luis and started reading your blog some time ago after some comments you made to his blog, which I liked. That image made me laugh so hard, very creative, thanks! I won't comment on the Craig's list thing...

9:03 AM  
Blogger musicbeing said...

I love those missed connections, even though they should really name them "You're way out of my league and was too pussy to try and hit on you so here's my attempt" because that's all it is. Some are so random too, like "you glanced at me for a split second at Jewel, I think we should hook up!" I frequent that section moreso because some are actually real missed connections and I like to read their stories. Like the fellow who striked up a conversation about an iPod, both were smiling to one another but during rush hour she just went away without giving him a chance. So he took on Craigslist. Now that's a missed connection :)

12:02 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Craigslist... missed connections... craigslist! woot woot

And, I actually thought the parade was shorter and smaller than in the past. Hmm...

9:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home