Tuesday, October 02, 2007

My Anonymous "Friends"

The move went well. I am horribly busy trying to unpack and stay caught up with school and sleep. I still have no internet at home but as soon as I do I plan on writing a proper post. For now though, I have a few minutes to kill at the computer school lab and there is an interesting revelation I wanted to share.

I don't think my life is particularly fascinating so it is always a surprise to see who has left comments. I suppose people read my blog the same reason I read theirs. I'm nosey! lol I especially enjoy other bloggers from Chicago as their blogs often introduce me to new restaurants, shows, neighborhoods, cafes, bars, etc that I might not have discovered on my own. I must thank my fellow Chicago blogger, Luis, for introducing me to the Google statistics option. That has allowed me to find out even MORE about the visitors to my blog. And wow, have I found out some shady things.

Anyone is free to leave a comment on my blog. Most people who do leave one have a blogger account so I know who they are. Occaisionally I get an "Anonymous" comment. Sometimes the "anonymous" person is just a friend who doesn't have an account (my favorite "kylie fan" or my favorite "cunty bitch"). Sometimes the "anonymous" is truly a random stranger (I recall one guy from LA leaving comments awhile back). BUT, sometimes I get an "anonymous" comment and I can't help but suspect it really isn't so "anonymous" based on the writing style and general tone of the comments.

Well, I recently found a way to compare the IP addresses of blogger members who have left comments with the IP addresses of some of the "anonymous" commentors. Much to my surprise many of the addresses matched. What does this mean? Well, it means I have some shady "anonymous friends" who seem to get off leaving rude comments but don't have to balls to say who they are. Does this make me angry? Not at all! In fact, I doubt I will even bother confronting this person/persons. I figure they will probably read this post too and feel like a dumb ass since their attempt to be sneaky and anonymous wasn't as sneaky and anonymous as they would have liked.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

People get courage in anonimity. Are these folks you know in real life? Perhaps these folks seek attention from you but are afraid of being open and honest with you? Only you would know the depths of each sitation.

You're still "fierce" anyway :)

10:49 PM  
Blogger musicbeing said...

Is this one of your retarded admirers? lol!

I get people like that all the time :) I do recall the infamous P.R. post . I never really thought about investigating though as I figure if this is a person who knows who I am, whether in person or from another forum and they didn't have the courtesy to tell me directly then their opinions aren't worth anything to begin with as they feel they aren't worthy of being identified. How can you value and praise someone's feedback if you don't know who they are? Exactly.

12:09 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Maybe I just don't know how to tell you that I love you? *@!

12:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

U know my # whenever ur in a writers block. Kudos on the snazzie tone this came off as. And well i do have to point out that DANNI looks constipated and its not that she delaying any release of a cd, to avoid stealing KYLIE'S thunder. Its that once again BIG SIS has to show LIL SIS how its done. And maybe theres an audience left after she croaks.. And poor little danni boy doesnt has to release 1single a year. quick question can their be a greatest hits of mere singles ??? Maybe it will be called "almost the real @!x EXCUSE MY FRENCH said a kylie fan

12:31 AM  
Blogger Luis said...

Oh I know! Isn't Google Analytics simply AWESOME? I doubt that the paltry information other blogging platforms provide is as vast.

I must say, I always feel honoured to receive mentions on your blog. I'm nosy too!

;-)

I miss reading your blogue posts!! Hope you get an internet hook-up soon!

OMG. THAT was unintentional!

1:45 AM  
Blogger MatadorMexicano said...

how wonderfully PI of you!

and

YOU HAVE TO TELL ME HOW TO GET THESE PROGRAMS/SOFTWARE etc!!!!! i feel so naked without them! ;)

4:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home