Thursday, November 08, 2007

Self Conscious?

I believe everyone is self conscious to a certain degree about SOMETHING. I refuse to believe there exists someone who is confident about everything, whether it be appearance, personal accomplishments or talents. I know I am self conscious about certain things like my wooden leg, my glass eye or my two inch penis. I am always paranoid someone might accidentally start my wooden leg on fire (that's the REAL reason smokers bother me!) or my glass eye might fall out and shatter in the middle of Halsted on a busy Saturday night while I am flirting with a hot guy or even worse........my glass eye will pop out once I get the hot guy home after he starts laughing hysterically at my two inches of manly love. However, there are times when people catch me off guard and comment on a physical attribute I wouldn't have thought twice about, like this comment left on my blog a few months back:

I've read your blog a few times and I never noticed you have a receding hairline! I'm glad you're not self conscious about it, as most people with that grow their hair out to cover it up like Enrique Iglesias.

Props to ya!


I thought this was funny because here someone was giving me props for something I never had really thought about. It felt so wrong for me to accept props for doing nothing. Why haven't I thought about my "receding hairline"? Well, I don't have a receding hairline.......well, not exactly. You see, this is just how my hairline is. It's always been like this. I guess one could say it's "naturally receded"? lol

Well and here is the proof: a picture from exactly 10 years ago taken my senior year in highschool! The only difference since then is that I no longer buy ugly clothes at Merry-Go-Round. (I buy my ugly clothes at fine retailers now thank you very much!)

4 Comments:

Blogger Luis said...

What's Merry-Go-Round?

That's funny about your "naturally receded" hairline, but somehow, that "props" comment sounded kinda backhanded... I don't know, but whatever.

You looked cute then and now, obviously. The other guy seems REALLY hot. Darque syrup is SO good, honey.

10:56 AM  
Blogger musicbeing said...

There's still duders on Halsted that wear clothes like that..lol! And your hair is jet black! Never noticed!

1:17 PM  
Blogger Sexbox said...

You never noticed because I only colored my hair jet black in highschool! Such a big mistake!

4:11 PM  
Blogger bomitoni said...

It's nice to know you still like flannel after all these years. lol! gurl i used to love merry go round my freshman year at school! u could always find me at the grand ave. on a saturday afternoon!!

12:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home