Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Decaffeinate Me, Please



They say caffeine is the most widely abused drug in the United States. I rarely drink coffee but I have been consuming Red Bull and other similar energy drinks like they are going out of style. It wasn't until this past week though that I realized how much I depended on caffeine to get me through the day. I eliminated all the energy drinks from my life and have tried to even avoid caffeinated soda. Wow. I have been so tired. Even after 9 hours of sleep I find myself dozing off in class or coming home and taking a nap. This withdrawl should only last a short while but it is scary to see how vital caffeine had become to my body. Yikes!

3 Comments:

Blogger Luis said...

Right! I think I have that addiction too... how long should it take to wean yourself off?

4:38 PM  
Blogger musicbeing said...

I totally understand caffeine. I wrote a post recently detailing my submission to coffee gradually over the years. what do you eat? I mean in terms of content? IThey say certain uncooked vegetables and certain fruit, plus sleep of course, gives you alot of energy.

Good luck on your withdrawal cold turkey

2:58 AM  
Blogger bomitoni said...

I've never had a dependency on caffeine...mainly because i think coffee and energy drinks taste like piss! I am sure you can find something else to take it's place :P

12:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home