Friday, January 11, 2008

I love immigrants.



In a time when every person who wasn't born in this country is being put under scrutiny and accused of being here illegally, I would like to take the time to show my appreciation for immigrants in this country. Now, I am sure my regular readers are thinking this is because after having slept with all of the men in Chicago I look forward to the arrival of a fresh batch of men from abroad, but this is not true. I love immigrants because their take on the English language is always so cute and amusing. I know so many of them want to assimilate 100%, lose their accent and speak English perfectly but I think that is boring!

Talking with Xica (from Brazil) was always interesting. He would often jump between English and Portuguese without even noticing it 9or even bothering to repeat what he had just said). I didn't mind though as long as he continued to call me "bela". His accent was adorable too. I loved it every time he wanted to order vodka and tonic at a bar, or as he would say "vogka and tonic".

I have another friend from Colombia who sends me the most interesting text messages. At first I could never decipher what the hell he was trying to tell me but after having known him awhile I can always translate his texts regardless of how many grammatical or spelling rules he breaks. Case in point:

"Not dont chance! harry!"

Translation: No don't change! Hurry!

There are alot of Polish men in Chicago too. I love their accents too. I recall one time last year when I was "intimate" with a young man who had moved from Poland just two years earlier. We were being "intimate" but he seemed to be having pecker problems and couldn't stay hard. He apologized repeatedly and kept telling me his penis was being "shiny". I thought perhaps this was some sort of Polish slang until I realized he meant to say "shy". LOL

The moral of today's blog? Brazilians like vogka, Colombians want you to harry and not chance, and when a Polish guy gets nervous his penis gets shiny!

And this is why I love foreigners!

4 Comments:

Blogger musicbeing said...

Ask Xica to cook me some Feijoada

yuummm.

So to your Spanish friends, is your accent cute to them too? I admire the fact that you learned it all by yourself so to hear your little accent is not just cute but very admirable :)

10:03 PM  
Blogger musicbeing said...

Oops, and i meant to say your accent WHEN SPEAKING SPANISH. Not just in general. :D

10:05 PM  
Blogger Sexbox said...

You mean you don't like my Milwaukee English accent?

And to answer your question, I have never really asked anyone BUT, when I went to Puerto Rico the guys there went fucking loved it, lol.

12:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's a shame Danni Minogue doesn't share your views on immigrants. Check out her infamous racial tirade to a British magazine a couple years ago.

6:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home