Tuesday, September 23, 2008

A Grateful Thief

I need to write a thank you letter to the person whose internet I stole. I came home last night and my cable internet service was down. I don't know why. This has only happened during really bad thunderstorms and the skies were clear last night. Nevertheless I began to panic because I had some important emails to send. So I turned on my wireless internet port and prayed that I cpuld hijack someone's wireless service in my building. Well, lucky for me I have a neighbor who has wireless service with NO password needed to log in! I felt a little guilty for stealing someone's internet but I figured it was more like "borrowing". You know, like back in the good old days when you could borrow a cup of sugar from your neighbor if you ran out. I should be commended for upholding such traditional neighborly values. I feel so Republican! (well, nevermind, if I was a Republican I would shoot down my neighbor's door, kill him/her and just plug in my computer in his/her home and steal the internet that way......all the time saying I was actually trying to protect the other residents of my building from a computer virus of mass destruction)

Anyhoo, I checked my regular internet service this morning and it was up and running so I turned off my wireless port. Thank you "home" for not having a password blocking your shit.

2 Comments:

Blogger Luis said...

I MUST say, your metaphor is BRILLIANT! I disagree with the generalization, but BRILLIANT nonetheless!

8:11 PM  
Blogger Sexbox said...

lol, yeah it's a generalization and like most generalizations it isn't 100% accurate, but for the sake of my post it's good enough, lol.

12:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home