Wednesday, September 03, 2008

Cyber Friends

In my last post I thoroughly examined the source of much of my frustration when it comes to online hook ups. Well, in keeping up with the wholesome, family oriented vibe I try to achieve with my blog I thought I would also talk about my Cyber Friends. The internet can connect people from all over the world and I am no exception. I used to post on a now defunct pop music forum where I met many wonderful people from all over. Some of these individuals I was able to meet in real life. With school this past year I found myself spending less and less time on music forums to the point where I hadn't logged in for such a long time I forgot my password. Nevertheless, despite my absence from the music forums, I have stayed in touch with my Cyber Friends via this blog, myspace, facebook, youtube, etc. This past weekend I was fortunate enough to not meet up with just one, but two of them!

My Cyber Friend from Atlantla, Eric, made an unexpected visit to Chicago this past weekend. I have chatted with him for years, sharing music and celebrity gossip alike. We had dinner at a local Thai restaurant (the budget friendly Joy's Noodles) and then both spent a fortune at the local music shop buying all sorts of faggy goodies like janet Jackson DVD's, Ricky Martin CD's and even a Madonna poster! lol.

Yesterday I had the pleasure of meeting a long time Cyber Friend from England, Jamie. Jamie is special because not only was he the driving force behind the 2006 reissue of La Toya Jackson's debut 1980 album, BUT he even gave me a shout out in the liner notes! So I was honored to meet the original "Toy Soldier" at Nookies Too in the lovely Lincoln Park neighborhood of Chicago.

See, the internet isn't all about hooking up and sex! You can actually find friends!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, I had no idea Jamie was in town? What's the news on future Toy releases?

10:36 PM  
Blogger Sexbox said...

Apparently the Toy reissues was a flop even by the low standards the record company set. lol. poor toy toy. So I don't think there will be anymore reissues.

12:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home