Monday, March 30, 2009

Energy

I LOVE Keri Hilson's new album! I am so glad it finally was released. She caught my attention when she did "The Way I Are" with Timbaland two years ago but last year I fell in love with the first single from her solo album, "Energy". (here is a lovely dance remix video). I love the lyrics of the song.



Anyhoo, the song didn't chart well so her album got pushed back. I am now re-falling in love with this song. Wow...I can relate. I think back to some of the relationships I have had in the past 12 years and they most certainly took all of my energy. Same goes for friends too. I am not perfect but when I sit down and think of all of the times I gave and gave and gave and got nothing but shit in return I can't help but to put on stilletos and punch my bitterness away (in between sets of casually choreographed hand movements) at my local boxing ring just like Keri.

Either way I feel like I am at a point in my life where I don't feel like relationships or friendships are "taking all of my energy". Despite the fact I am moving later this year, I am still actively dating. In fact I have met a really nice guy recently. He's handsome, a gentleman, and is amazing in bed. I don't feel obligated to do anything special for him. No gifts, cards, daily phone calls, no pressure. I love it. At no point am I feeling inconvenienced or, even worse, used.

As far as "friends" go, well, it's come time for me to clean house (again). Not that there is anything wrong with that. I value my friends...but sometimes I need to stop using all of my "energy" on some people when I clearly see that it is a waste. I'd rather focus on friendships that continue to thrive. Friendships are two ways streets and I unfortunately have made the mistake of going down one ways for quite some time now.

I think I'm going to go listen to some Miss Keri now....she's turing me on (turning me on)..........

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

rob... marc..... ??? who else are you chucking away? lol

9:04 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

this anonymous person???

9:05 AM  
Blogger Luis said...

OMG, I like her too! My favorite song was a remix of Miscommunication by the Bloody Beetroots. It's my Blackberry ringtone!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x_Db9qI11GY&feature=player_embedded

9:46 AM  
Anonymous Ren said...

Absolutely my brother LOL!

9:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home