Monday, August 08, 2005

Did I Do That?????



This past weekend while getting drunk with my Milwaukee Sister and Rob, I revealed a deep dark secret from my dorky childhood that made me remember about all of the extremely nerdy and dorky things I did as a child growing up. Wow, it's no wonder the kids called me "Steve Urkel" when I was in middle school!

Gym class was the worst. I was the stereotypical sissy boy who coudn't throw a ball. In 7th grade I was so embarrassed to take showers that I told my gym teacher I was Muslim and couldn't do it for religious reasons. Finally in 8th grade I got the nerve to do it and discovered how fun it actually was to be surrounded by naked, wet boys, lol. i am sure my gym teachers laughed behind my back. Especially the one time I had to play football and I was practically in tears telling Mr. Soto "but, but , I don't know HOW to play football!" God I was pathetic!
My most traumatic moment in gym class though was probably when we had to do wrestling. I refused to wrestle so for three weeks I would hide inside my locker during gym period! Luckily the lockers were rather large. I did get caught however when I came out of the locker to use the bathroom! Damn!

Probably the other thing that made me such a target for bullying was my horrible sense of fashion. I blame my mother though for most of that.

-Bright blue tennis shoes (they practically glowed in the dark)
-Striped Cross Color pants that were 5 sizes too big (they looked like clown pants!!!!)
-tacky silk shirts
-anything made by ProSpirit or ProWings
-Kmart brand jeans! lol

oooh, and let's not even mention the time my mom bought me these metal studded black boots. I told her they were girl shoes but she didn't believe me and she made me wear them. needless to say I was beat up at school for a whole week straight until she finaly bought me regular tennis shoes (well, if you call K-mart Slider's "normal"). yeah, the rest of the year I was called "fairy boy". how ironic? lol

I definitely earned those "Steve Urkel" comments!

Ok, moving on to other things.....


Woo hoo! I bought my ticket to go see Moenia at the House Of Blues Sept. 2!!!! I am so excited. This is going to be my 4th time seeing them! They are definitely my favorite group ever (as you can see on the left I have their most recent album proudly displayed). The only bad part is they are coming with Aleks Syntek. I am not a fan of his at all. I am praying to god Moenia goes on first so then i can just leave.....or wonder over to the bar and get drunk! lol.

Not much else to report here. As I mentioned earlier I went out this past weekend and got drunk (how original). It was Market Days on Halsted Street so all of the clubs and bars were extremely packed. I was so annoyed that I had to wait 30 minutes in line BEFORE midnight. Next year I guess I am going to arrive a 10pm!

Well, two more weeks are left of my summer vacation before I head back to school. I am trying to use the rest of my free time wisely by study for the PCAT. trying to get into pharmacy school is a bitch!

4 Comments:

Blogger bomitoni said...

oh no! i think i have to share my worst high school outfit from freshman year. neon green turtleneck sweatshirt from I.O.U., dark blue I.O.U. jeans and hooker red nike sneakers!! eeew!! and hair as big as vanilla ice. thank god there is no photographic evidence.

btw sam_82 is right, aleks syntek has some good songs. i have seen him live myself, he was good.

9:15 AM  
Blogger Sexbox said...

Ok guys, I'll give Aleks Syntek a chance. The only song I know is "Sex Pudor Y Lagrimas".

PS, Sista M, that outfit sounds hilarious!

4:02 PM  
Blogger chácon, pascual, sr. said...

we are all dorks whne we grow up, y si no lo fuiste y eras cool, al crecer te conviertes en dork porke te llevas toda la vida aferrado a la popularidad de high school


saludos

6:13 PM  
Blogger Sexbox said...

Prince Bastard you are right! I have heard so many tragic stories about some of the most popular kids from my highschool. Most of them are on welfare and living in trailer parks now, lol.

4:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home