Thursday, August 18, 2005

Do I Look Like A Slut?

"you know I don't understand why everyone keeps calling us sluts..."
"me neither, I'm a good girl"
"yea, me too"
Here's a story 'bout the boys at the altar, some of them got between me and my halter, but I don't think the good lord would mind, I was callin' his name the whole time
Sometimes I get a little drunk and I go home with some crazy punks, but don't judge me by what I do, cuz baby you know you wanna hit it, too
"yea, you know they all wanna hit it"
"they're just talking shit cuz they want it"
do I look like a slut? uh-huh? shut up! (x4)



I love those Avenue D girls. They tell it like it is! If you guys haven't heard their single yet, I recommend you download it from the iTunes music store or order it from Amazon

I am no stranger to the word slut. Many people have called me a slut in the past, but I have always wondered.....what makes one a 'slut'? I was celibate for two years in college, yet when I would talk about the cute guys from TV or movies, my uber uptight friend would call me a 'slut'. So, I decided perhaps not talking about sex but actually having sex would make me less slutty. So I moved to Chicago after college, got a membership at the local gay sauna and had lots of sex. That plan backfired and I was called a 'slut' even more than before. So I went back to the drawing board and thought, perhaps I should not have sex AND not talk about it. Oops, that didn't work either. Apparently there are people who assume that going to a bar makes you a slut also. So then I decided maybe if I just talk about liking a guy and just wanting a kiss but still remain celibate, then I would no longer be a slut. Well, that didn't work either. I found out even kissing can make you a slut. In fact, meeting a guy online and going on a date that ends in a handshake will also make you a slut. In fact, any display of affection or attraction for another human being can potentially make you a SLUT! Wow, who would have thought life could be so hard?

So now I give up. Am I slut? I don't know. It seems to me everyone is a slut, no matter what you do. Or perhaps it's the people who are quick to judge others that are the true sluts. My friend in college who called me a slut during my two years of celibacy sure didn't think twice about going out with my ex-boyfriend behind my back. Perhaps the people that label others as 'sluts' are just hoping to detract the attention away from their own shameful lives. Who knows.
I still haven't figured out what a 'slut' is. I suppose only I can make that decision for myself, which is exactly what I have done.

So according to yours truly, the one and only Chicago Sex Box, this shall be the official definition of slut from now on:

slut - 1. a person whose uncontrollable sex drive causes him/her to engage in sexual intercourse several times a week with partners that may or may not meet that person's regular standards for finding a suitable mate
2. a person who gets so fucking drunk and sleeps with whatever takes their wasted ass home since everyone looks hot after 5 shots of tequila.

I will admit to having been guilty of the second definition in the past. However, I make sure not to drink alone anymore to avoid these situations!

And having said that, if I EVER get to meet the guy that is hotter than Mario Lopez (i've discussed him before on here i believe), I will not hesitate to let him fill my sex box. Men that hot are a blessing from God and should not be ignored :)

Toodles!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home