Monday, August 15, 2005

It's Raining Men!



Hmmm....what could be gayer than walking through Chicago's Boystown, listening to my iPod, when suddenly the Almighty remix of Geri Halliwell's "It's Raining Men" begins to play? Hmmm, if only I had been wearing my pink stilletos (or pink speedo!), but I don't think those would have gone well with my gym pants. But fashion no-no's are not what I want to discuss today......

Yes boys (and girls) sometimes it's good to take Ms. Halliwell's advice (or The Weather Girl's advice for the older queens) and just rip off the roof and stay in bed.

My love/dating life pretty much plays out like the Sahara desert. Months and months and months (and months) of dryness, and then BOOM! It's suddenly raining men! last time I posted I think I had mentioned the uber hot guy I had met. Well, he actually called on Sunday! The ironic part is that since I didn't expect him to call I had my cell phone on vibrate so I didn't answer! Damn! BUT, he did call back later. Unfortunately he was then busy with his sister and couldn't hang out, but he seemed very enthusiastic about rescheduling. I suggested next weekend so we will see what happens.

As upset as I was that I missed out on a date with my 'hotter than Mario Lopez' guy, I must confess that I met ANOTHER guy the day before! Don't ask me why this must all happen the week before I go to school but I suppose I shouldn't complain. This guy is a little younger than me, 21 to be exact. I normally don't even consider talking to younger guys but this one seemed very mature for his age. So, I will give him a call during the week and see what happens.

Now, I must admit I am not one to get all excited over meeting a guy right away. I have one friend who consistently does this and it annoys me. He "falls in love" every other week with a different guy. I would never get that bad, but I must confess that it is nice after months of nothing to finally get some attention. Even if this goes nowhere (and even if I don't get any sex lol) at least I can say I lived like a normal 26 year old single male and had a DATE! It's nice to date once in awhile, don't you think?

Anyhoo, getting off topic, well kinda, I must get back to Geri Halliwell. What happened to her???? I bought her latest album Passion, and quite liked it.


Apparently though it has sold only 10 copies and poor Ginger Spice lost her recording contract. Poor Geri. What went wrong? Were there not enough gay boys to buy the album in England? It's a wonderful pop album and I highly recommend it. There are a few boring ballads that I usually skip but "Ride It", "Desire", "Love Never Loved Me", "So I Give Up On Love", and "Passion" are all quite fierce! Geri was always my favorite Spice Girl. I couldn't stand the lesbian one with the gap teeth, or the black one with the nappy hair. I did like the album Emma Bunton (Baby Spice) released last year, but that's about it. Victoria Beckham (Posh Spice) had potential if she had only stuck to singing trashy dance songs. But I digress.

So to wrap things up, my weekend was good. The PCAT Review Course was very tedious but the university was near a mall that had a Cinnabon!.



mmmmmm, I worked at a Cinnabon when I was a teenager but since then I rarely have a chance to have one of these since there aren't many in the city. They are almost better than sex!

(Almost)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home