Friday, November 11, 2005

When life gives you lemons..........

....make lemonade! Unless you don't like lemonade. Then I guess you are just FUCKED!


tee hee, I love that picture of Shitney

But as I was saying.........I have always lived by the motto "Expect nothing but the worst in life and you will never be disappointed!". You see, it's when we expect good things to happen and we disillusion ourselves. Things don't go as planned and we are left with a big pile of shit to clean up. Unfortunately for one of the few times in my life I have not expected the worst and now I am paying for it.....

I never thought I would say this but this semester at school is kicking my ass and I feel like I simply cannot catch up. Things started off on a good note. I did well on all of my first exams, but then between my move, the stress of the PCAT, and all of my fucking extra curricular activities I found myself behind in everything. The past two exams I have taken in both of my classes have not gone well. And I took another one yesterday and it probably went even worse! I still have time to redeem myself during my final exams in one month, but I am still praying these classes have a really nice grading curve. So, this rough semester has reminded me once never to get too comfortable. A bumpy ride is always just around the corner.

So to avoid further disappointment I have started to concot a "Plan B" just in case my academic plans go haywire next year. If I am not accepted to any pharmacy schools next fall, I am quitting my job, living off of student lonas and going to continue taking some extra undergraduate courses at UIC, take a PCAT prep course, retake the PCAT and maybe work with one of the biology professors' research projects.....



Ok, moving on to more noteworthy things, has anyone heard of Beat Port Digital Download Network? Omigod! it's is like an all dance/club/house/electro music store similar to iTunes, except it doesn't matter what country you live in! I just discovered this site last night and I already found 10 fierce and hard to find current club/house songs that are otherwise only available on vinyl. The only drawback is the prices aren't cheap like iTunes. Depending if a song is new and "exclusive" or not, you can pay anywhere from $1.49-$2.99. None of the tracks I downloaded were over $2, but it was worth it. Also, unlike iTunes you can actually stream the entire song on your computer BEFORE purchasing it. I hate only being able to hear a 30 second clip on iTunes.

I wish getting music was always so simple, but unfortunately I still like to purchase actual cd's by the artists I like the most. So here is my current wishlist. I am tempted to just order these online but I am hoping within the next two weeks I can make it to Tower Records.


The Brit-Pop bug has bit me again. This former S Club 7 singer has got one of the hottest pop albums out this year! She has the personality though of a doorknob though when she sings, but the material on the album is 'so good' I can overlook that! I have the album downloaded but I want the CD/DVD version with the bonus tracks

I have no shame, lol. Ricky tries to be ghetto. Whatever. I am anxiously awaiting the Dual Disc of this to come out Nov. 22nd!

yes, ANOTHER Blondie Greatest Hits. But this one comes with some rare tracks/remixes and a DVD!!!!!! Woo hoo! Everything is digitally remastered too. I know a certain someone who will like this one, even though he won't admit it........

2 Comments:

Blogger musicbeing said...

I'm glad you enjoyed Rachel Stevens. I know at first you were all Shania Twain on her, i.e "That Don't Impress Me Much". She's nice.

This is totally unrelated, but am I the only one who thinks Juliet's "Random Order" is an excellent album? I listen to it all the time. It's like "Confessions On A Dance Floor" without the effort to try to be good.. It was also produced by Stuart Price, who knows.

10:15 PM  
Blogger Sexbox said...

Actully it's Juliet's lack of wanting to please the listener that kind of left me feeling very "blah".

7:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home