Monday, January 23, 2006

Get the message? 'Nuff said!



Vanessa Williams was THE diva for me when I was a teenager and last night I was able to see one of my favorite Vanessa videos, "Running Back To You", at Roscoes! I was there with My Milwaukee Sister, Jorge, Rob, and Alethya having a belated birthday celebration for my Sista M.. Due to my hectic schedule I was unable to attend his previous birthday outing so we decided a Sunday night at Roscoes would be perfect. They play nithing but 80's/90's trashy dance videos......with LOTS of freestyle thrown in for good measure. 80's dance music wouldn't be complete without Expose's big hair, Safire's big unibrow or Corina's big mustache. Definitely one of the BIGGEST surprises of the night is when a fellow Chicago blogger, Charlie recognized me from my blog and said hi. I still can't remember how I started reading Charlie's blog (which is quite fierce I might add). I think it must have been one of those days at work when I spent more time surfing the internet than actually working, but either way it was cool to meet him, too bad I was so trashed! lol


However, my Sunday was tainted by one horrible, disgusting, tragic and judgmental individual who shall remain nameless.............the fucking sales clerk at


Before the birthday outing, I wanted to do a little shopping on Michigan Avenue. Normally I shop at Nordstrom, Bloomingdales, or the Guess Store. I do not consdier Neimann Marcus to be a welfare store, but I just think alot of their clothes simply aren't practical. I really have no use for a $400 pair of Dolce & Gabanna jeans that are adorned with metal studs, rhinestones and patches of fur on the back pockets. I can dress very gay sometimes but even I have my limits. However, I decided I would give the store a chance. I actually found some Diesel and Juicy Couture (or as I like to pronounce it "Juicy Culture" lol) shirts, however I was unaware they do not accept Visa or Mastercard. What the fuck. So I had no choice but to open a Neimann Marcus charge account. I was quickly approved and the sales clerk seemed shocked by this. This sales clerk had already annoyed the fuck out of me by following me around the whole time asking if I needed help. Apparently my answer of "no" wasn't good enough. Anyhoo, after the credit approval he so nicely told me "oh, but be sure to pay your bill on time, they get kind of picky about that stuff". I was didn't know what to say. How does one respond to such a remark? I mean, how fucking rude? Did I have big sign on my forehead that said "warning: irresponsible dumb ass"????

Well, as soon as my card arrives in the mail I am destroying it and never returning to that fucking hell hole, because I officially declare Neimann Marcus a WELFARE STORE since it's the only explanation for the lousy service!

7 Comments:

Blogger Chargenda said...

See, you could have run into me twice yesterday. I was in Neiman Marcus yesterday. I work in that building. Really glad I met you, and for the record, I was probably more trashed than you were!

6:05 PM  
Blogger equippedtofascinate said...

Customer service is dead. I love how you can get approved for a card, meaning you obviously have good credit, and yet they still feel the need to make comments like that.

9:42 PM  
Blogger espelina said...

Pretty much the exact same thing happened to me at a Neiman Marcus in the suburbs (Northbrook Court). I was all set to pay for a way overpriced dress to wear to a wedding and the sales lady made me feel like a leper when I busted out the mastercard. She was just so gleefully bitchy about it I refused to get their card. I don't think I'd shop there regularly. I called the store later and complained about her anyway!

9:42 PM  
Blogger Sexbox said...

i just realized I keep spelling "Neiman" wrong, lol, oh well, they don't deserve proper grammar!

12:15 AM  
Blogger espelina said...

i just realized I keep spelling "Neiman" wrong, lol, oh well, they don't deserve proper grammar!

LMAO!!

9:26 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Haha well I'm never going there! Not like my poor ass ever planned on going but at least I have a reason besides "I'm broke" now!

6:18 PM  
Blogger Jesus Christ- Superstar said...

I'll never shop at Neiman Marcus or as I call them Needless Mark-up.

The store here in San Francisco constantly has animal rights protesters marching near the front door.

6:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home