Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Goodbye Sayhey

They say good things come in 3's, well I think that applies to bad things also. In the final of my "goodbye" posts, I would like to say good bye to Say Hey: The Ultimate Kylie Minogue Forum. Technically it isn't going anywhere, but the off topic section has been permanently removed by the webmaster. Why, you ask, would this upset me? Well, Sayhey was far more than just a Kylie Minogue internet forum. It was like a global community where the discussion of any topic you could think of took place. In the 3 years I religiously spent visiting the site I was introduced to so many new songs and artists I wouldn't have heard of otherwise. It also helped me change my views and opinions about more serious issues such as global politics, AIDS, school, and even sex. Despite the many psychopaths that roamed the forum (and ultimately were the cause of its demise), Sayhey was the one place I turned to when I had a question......about anything! Seriously, if God had an internet forum, Sayhey was it.

I was fortunate enough to meet a few individuals from Sayhey even in real life. All the encounters were memories I will cherish forever. One can begin to appreciate the beauty of the internet when one considers how it can connect so many different people from so many different walks of life all in a matter of seconds.

If there are any Sayheyer's reading this right now, thanks for the great times! If you want to stay in touch, leave me a comment. Cuz without internet friends how can we find all of those rare and unreleased mp3's we are constantly searching for? lol

Hopefully I will see you guys at some of the "new" forums that have popped up, Togermano.com and Lost In Limbo. And of course, I will still head to SayHey for my Kylie news, that section will not be gone. Also, I will still be checking the Dannii and La Toya forums regularly. I have to do something to keep myself busy at work!

4 Comments:

Blogger musicbeing said...

We wouldn't have had that adorable house guest we just had if it wasn't for SayHey :).

U guys got me hooked on SayHey, and you're right..it was more than just a Kylie forum. I'll see most of u on Lostinlimbo though I'm sure

6:41 PM  
Blogger bomitoni said...

i know what u guys mean. if i wanted to know anything about the most random no-hit wonder to the latest gossip...sayhey was my sanctuary.

i have yet to check out togermano, but i have started to post on lostinlimbo.

10:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Y'all wouldn't know me. And your lives would be incomplete! Say Hey was cool. I stopped posting months ago but I met lotsof cool people and it will be missed.

7:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your website has a useful information for beginners like me.
»

10:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home