Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Bitter Betty

I really don't know why I am not one of those bitter, jaded and lonely gay men. I mean, after ALL of the men I have dated/fucked/met/etc. there have been only a handful I actually liked. Out of those few, NONE of them were mature, emotionally stable or sane. I think I have mangaed to avoid the Bitter Betty Syndrome by not depending on men to have a successful or happy life. However, I will not deny the fact my optimistic outlook on dating has completely changed since I was 19.

During the week of the gay games I met a nice guy. I emphasize the "nice" part because physically he wasn't my type at all. Sure, he was a decent looking guy, but I wasn't really attracted to him. He was nice though. Did I mention he was nice? Anyhoo, I know anyone who reads this is thinking "Wow, what a shallow bitch". Well, you are right. I am shallow. But I have a reason for being shallow. After many years of bad luck I have come to the conclusion that there are few men worth dating, whether they be ugly or handsome. Therefore, if I am going to waste my time dating one of these losers, he might as well be attractive! It's a double whammy to go on a date with a guy that is a loser AND ugly. Nevertheless, I DID agree to go on a date after talking to him a few times on the phone, but at the last minute I cancelled. We were going to get together on Monday but I just didn't feel like going through with it. I knew it would be just a waste of my time. In fact, I didn't even feel like using him at least for sex either (and trust me I could have!). Condoms and lube aren't cheap so I must use them wisely!

So I guess I may not be a bitter queen, but I have no desire anymore to put forth any effort when it comes to dating unless I think it's going to be good. I'd rather just hang out with a friend......which is exactly what I did. Michel'Le had the day off too so we went to Hamburger Mary's for lunch.



Charlie had blogged about this place awhile back and it sounded interesting. The atmosphere was nice. The food was good too, but a little pricey. I can't comment on the burgers because they had run out of veggie burgers. I ordered a yummy veggie sandwhich though with cheese, avocado, cucumbers, lettuce and tomato. It was yummy! The fries were fierce too. The only bad things were the prices andthe service. Well, the service was nice but our waiter was so friendly to the point that he was annoying. There were moments when I wanted to tell him to leave us the hell alone, but I refrained.



Afterwards we went to Universal Gear. Holy shit! They have a mega sale going on. I really didn't need any clothes but the had a fierce pair of Diesel jeans that were almost $100 off the original price! I love that store. They take the best of all of the major department stores put it under one tiny roof. It really is the only men's clothing sotre worth checking out in Boystown. They even gave me a free tote bag and Project Runway t-shirt! The other shops (ie. Bad Boys) sell such tragic and overpriced SHIT that only Welfare Gays would buy. Eww.....

7 Comments:

Blogger MatadorMexicano said...

see thats why i dont bother dating, because nothing with that BANG! has presented itself. its like every gay man out there (or here at least) is exactly the same as the last one.

we have a hamburger marys here too, but i havent been. i thnk ill make it a point to go sometime soon.

2:13 AM  
Blogger Luis said...

OMG, but there are so many really great guys out there. I wonder what "type" of guy you like. . .

5:41 AM  
Blogger musicbeing said...

You sound like me circa 2002..when I got fed up with all men and decided to never go for it again.

Then Joe came into my life, neither one of us looking but it came.

Guys suck..but like the other guy said..there ARE some great guys too.

4:44 PM  
Blogger Sexbox said...

It's too much trouble to find the good ones though. That was my point. I'd rather just get involved in some extracurricular activities at school or do something else equally beneficial, something that I can actually be proud of in the years to come.

5:10 PM  
Blogger musicbeing said...

And watch..doing extracurricular stuff and hobbies will lead u towards ur prince charming from the galaxy of unexpected dreams

10:40 PM  
Blogger Sexbox said...

Awwwww....it's not like you to be so positive and optimistic! Thanks!

11:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cool guestbook, interesting information... Keep it UP
»

10:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home